The Review Tour of FiiO Q1 Mark II Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp Starts Right Now.
Nov 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #106 of 197
My take on Q1 Mk 2

I 've got an idea for a bezel case integrated band so that the screen does not get blocked off by the bands.
The band should work like a silicon case on the backside of the smartphone where the dac/amp would slide into.
If simple and low cost I 'm sure people will be buying dac/amps just to fill the band with something.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #110 of 197
Q1 MK II has a line input, se output, and balance output. Depending on your amp setup it may provide you with quality enough source signal.
But technically there was is no line output that I know of.

The line input doubles also as an output - it’s why it has the dual arrow in the silk-screening

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #111 of 197
The line input doubles also as an output - it’s why it has the dual arrow in the silk-screening
Thanks. I just learned something new. The label on the tour unit was not very legible. And so let me update my post.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Dec 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #114 of 197
Just thinking out loud, if Fiio X7 can transport to Q1 MKII then there would be a lot of flexibility. I wonder if this already exist.
In fact I wonder if Fiio will add couple of more features.

1. Allow any other single ended dap to be able to transport into Q1 MKII.
2. Allow a usb hub to connect multiple daps in the Fiio family with multiple Q1 MKII so that a network party can be had. I think a meet or retail store or a headfi member living it up would like this feature.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #118 of 197
If anyone is waiting for the tour turn, I think you have to contact Fiio. Anyway I sent the tour unit to the next person.

I had distortion on mine, but I had hacking on my ipad mini. So hopefully the next person can get better overall experience than I had.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #120 of 197
Just a thought - since the Balanced route outputs double the power, could we be able to drive unbalanced headphones through this port with an adapter of some sort?

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back