THE Resonessence Labs Veritas Impressions Thread.
Mar 31, 2017 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

nordkapp

Headphoneus Supremus
To start things off, I will say I have owned this DAC for several weeks now. Previously owned/own DACS include CIAUDIO Transient mkII, Metrum Musette, Resonessence Concero HD, Benchmark DAC2, TEAC UD501 and an PSAUDIO Digital Link III. Having spent considerable time with these DACS, I enjoyed the Concero HD the most. That little DAC ticked off all the right boxes for me sonically and sells at a really fair price. Not needing an integrated HP amp but needing more input/output options and the opportunity to own the new ESS 9028PRO proved just too tempting for me. So let's maybe get a discussion going of all things Resonessence Labs and Veritas! At this point I can comfortably say the sound is markedly improved over all my aforementioned DACS and it is one DAC I hope to hold onto for the foreseeable future.
9845247.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 34
Thanks for starting this thread! It's been on my "to do" list for quite some time. I'm working on my review of the Veritas and hope to have it posted within the next couple weeks.

Sneak peek - I love this thing. It's exceptionally capable regardless of size or price... with both of those aspects being surprisingly small compared to other DACs I have on hand. It actually reminds me of the original Invicta I reviewed way back in the day. Invicta sold for $4K at the time, and I'm fairly confident this little $2850 device achieves the same lofty performance - or perhaps even more. Invicta has since grown in SQ and price, so there's still some room between the two models.

At the risk of ruining the punchline of my upcoming review - this is exactly what people had been asking for over in the Invicta thread. An intermediate model between the Concero HD and the Invicta Mirus Pro, which approaches Invicta sound without the SD card playback or headphone outs that a lot of people don't have use for. 

More to come as I finish my write-up.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 34
Thanks for starting this thread! It's been on my "to do" list for quite some time. I'm working on my review of the Veritas and hope to have it posted within the next couple weeks.

Sneak peek - I love this thing. It's exceptionally capable regardless of size or price... with both of those aspects being surprisingly small compared to other DACs I have on hand. It actually reminds me of the original Invicta I reviewed way back in the day. Invicta sold for $4K at the time, and I'm fairly confident this little $2850 device achieves the same lofty performance - or perhaps even more. Invicta has since grown in SQ and price, so there's still some room between the two models.

At the risk of ruining the punchline of my upcoming review - this is exactly what people had been asking for over in the Invicta thread. An intermediate model between the Concero HD and the Invicta Mirus Pro, which approaches Invicta sound without the SD card playback or headphone outs that a lot of people don't have use for. 

More to come as I finish my write-up.

Awesome! Lets give this little gem some love!

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 34
I have just got the veritas and have paired up with the I Can pro as a headphone amp and preamp. It is really good it just does everything a little better than my 2qute. The 2qute is good but the veritas just takes the sound all around up a notch. I am looking forward to project86's review.

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 34
I have just got the veritas and have paired up with the I Can pro as a headphone amp and preamp. It is really good it just does everything a little better than my 2qute. The 2qute is good but the veritas just takes the sound all around up a notch. I am looking forward to project86's review.

Working on it, hope to go live within the next week or two.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #11 of 34
After seeing Project86 impressions on the iCan Pro with the Veritas this has been my wish list setup, paired with my TH900. I'm also looking at the Hugo2 with an iCan Pro. Decisions decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back