The release of FiiO X1's new firmware FW1.3
Jun 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #34 of 45
I believe the 5800 limit is only for shuffle, etc.  I've added new albums and can play them via the Folders.  Just can't shuffle more than 5800.  It's very frustrating!

The limit of 5800 is the limit of the library. So if you browse by artist, album, etc only 5800 will show. If you navigate by the file browser you will see all files on your SD card, even if there are more than 5800 files.

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #36 of 45
My X1 pauses it self quite often when playing music. When it happens I have to press play and the music starts.

Anyone have the same issue?

Hello Nick,

Can you try going to System Settings and setting "Supports in-line headphone control" to No and see if that fixes the issue?

There may be static / oxidation on your earphones that may be triggering the remote button detection erroneously.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #38 of 45
Long time passed, but there is no any firmware with bug fixes. Is FiiO alive?

Apparently not. About ready to just sell my players- can't just wait around in hope they will update firmware. The 5800 song limit is ridiculous. They have so many new products that have been introduced I have to wonder if their resources are stretched a bit thin. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #39 of 45
  The 5800 song limit is ridiculous. They have so many new products that have been introduced I have to wonder if their resources are stretched a bit thin. 

It is disappointing that there seems to be nothing happening with firmware for the X1. There are really three primary shortcomings at this point in my opinion (although I've been able to work around them for the most part).

1. 5800 track limit for the library. I use FLAC so even with a 128gb card I don't come close to the limit, but that's a big flaw IMO.

2. Browsing by genres in the library is useless if you are a full album listener as I am almost exclusively. I've gotten around this by using a folder structure to mimic how the genre browsing should work. I put my music on the X1 in hierarchy of <Genre>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\tracks - Media Monkey allows me to sync this way so it's really no extra work.

3. Gapless seems a bit hit or miss with MP3, and simply isn't seamless with aac. Again, I primarily use FLAC where gapless seems to work perfectly, but I've got a few albums that I bought in aac where the micro-gap between tracks can be a bit annoying.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #40 of 45

It is disappointing that there seems to be nothing happening with firmware for the X1. There are really three primary shortcomings at this point in my opinion (although I've been able to work around them for the most part).

1. 5800 track limit for the library. I use FLAC so even with a 128gb card I don't come close to the limit, but that's a big flaw IMO.

2. Browsing by genres in the library is useless if you are a full album listener as I am almost exclusively. I've gotten around this by using a folder structure to mimic how the genre browsing should work. I put my music on the X1 in hierarchy of <Genre>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\tracks - Media Monkey allows me to sync this way so it's really no extra work.

3. Gapless seems a bit hit or miss with MP3, and simply isn't seamless with aac. Again, I primarily use FLAC where gapless seems to work perfectly, but I've got a few albums that I bought in aac where the micro-gap between tracks can be a bit annoying.

I gave up and got a 128gb iPod touch.  No 5800 limit, gapless works perfect with aac/mp3 and browsing works great regardless of category.  You just have to put up with iTunes and I can live without high rez music.  Tried Fiio, Pono and went with Apple.

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #41 of 45

I gave up and got a 128gb iPod touch.  No 5800 limit, gapless works perfect with aac/mp3 and browsing works great regardless of category.  You just have to put up with iTunes and I can live without high rez music.  Tried Fiio, Pono and went with Apple.

I got a Sony NWZ-A15, it does not need iTunes and has a micro-SD slot. I had Apple products in the past (2nd gen iPod Touch, iPhones and iPads), but I developed a hate relationship with iTunes so badly I cannot put up with it anymore.

I still believe that the X1 sould quality has the edge over the A15, but the navigation and usability of the A15 is far superior than the X1.

I am still keeping the X1 in the hope that a future firmware update will improve the usability and navigation issues.

On the other had, I have zero problems with gapless playback in X1 (both with FLAC and MP3). I need to say that I am encoding my MP3 myself using the LAME gapless options as explained here (method 2): http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/GaplessHowTo

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #42 of 45
The last thing I saw from FiiO said there would be a fix to the 5800 file limit sometime in August 2015. It's frustrating me, too, and I come here regularly looking for the update.

I only got my player a couple of months ago, and it came with firmware version 1.4. When I look on the support page the latest version available is 1.3. What's up with that?

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #43 of 45
is there anybody out there?

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/304

cool.gif

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #44 of 45
  The last thing I saw from FiiO said there would be a fix to the 5800 file limit sometime in August 2015. It's frustrating me, too, and I come here regularly looking for the update.

I only got my player a couple of months ago, and it came with firmware version 1.4. When I look on the support page the latest version available is 1.3. What's up with that?

Hi, sorry for keep you guys waiting so long.
The 5800 file limit has been already fixed in the new firmware FW1.5 for the X1: http://www.fiio.net/en/story/304, and you can try to upgrade the X1 and enjoy it better. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back