The Ramones Discography
Sep 12, 2002 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
I have only one Ramones disc, a best-of compilation called Ramones Mania, originally released by Sire Records about fifteen years ago or so. It has tracks that date back to 1976 at the earliest, but the sound quality is fookin' terrible. I'm not nearly as much as a freak about these things as many Head-Fiers, but really, it sounds like this thing was recorded in the '50s.

So anyway, I want more of The Ramones. But do all their albums sound worse than Fat Joe in an opera? Regardless, I'll probably go get some, so I'd like some album recommendations; if there are any remasters or any albums that sounded good originally, let me know.

Thanks.

kerelybonto

Sep 12, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Warner/Rhino are currently reissuing the Ramones albums; think they're up to "Too Tough To Die" right now. never heard the originals, but these versions sound pretty ok to me. the bonus tracks are an added plus.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Your best bet is the cram packed 2CD Ramones Hey Ho Let's Go Anthology on Rhino circa '99. Given the quality of the original recordings, sound on early material is good. This spans their entire career and all but most ardent fans would need the original albums.

But if you must, the first 4 are considered their "classics" and are avail re-mastered.

markl

Sep 13, 2002 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys. Glad to hear their stuff wasn't originally recorded in a cave or something. I really wonder where this disc came from.

I'll go check out your suggestions.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back