The R&D Story of Beryllium-Plated Open Earbuds FiiO EM5
Sep 1, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #31 of 41
Very interesting design ... looking forward to reading impressions.

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #32 of 41
@ledzep, @ClieOS: How is the fit in the ear, compared to MX500 or Yuin PK shell? Does the EM5 feel larger, smaller, similar?

Fit is right between MX500 and PK style housing, closer to the latter. The housing is definitely larger than PK on the back but the front diameter is almost the same. The design is such a way that the curvy part of the back won't touch the ear so the fit is relatively good.

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #34 of 41
After a day with them and impressive as they are with the sound alas they are not for me. They fit ok and the response across the range is great, bass superb and vocals clear. Build quality is excellent and the silver changeable cable is a nice touch, only problem is long term use as I'm that used to my universal shells and custom shells I just know they will be a dust collector for me. Will be listing them later, shame as I really wanted some good quality buds but I'm just not used to them and have already defaulted back to my others.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #35 of 41
Can you share the frequency graph with us? :L3000:
Thx
Lacas
Has anyone posted a graph yet? Can't find one. If not I'll get mine Tues and post a graph pre-burn in and post burn in after 200 hours

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #36 of 41
PSX_20200823_083736.jpg

A fair warning to anyone wanting an EM5 - if the first listening sounds a little underwheling to you, don't panic or regret. EM5 really does transform itself after 2~300 hours of burn-in, probably enough to make anyone a real burn-in believer afterward. Then it will shine like a diamond, so be patient.

It is in the 32 ohm range,

Probably because the Chinese audiophile community is the single largest group of earbuds user left in the world and they are much more willing to spend on high-end earbuds as they are on IEM.
I praise the chinese audiophile community for making earbuds relevant

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #37 of 41
PSX_20200823_083736.jpg

A fair warning to anyone wanting an EM5 - if the first listening sounds a little underwheling to you, don't panic or regret. EM5 really does transform itself after 2~300 hours of burn-in, probably enough to make anyone a real burn-in believer afterward. Then it will shine like a diamond, so be patient.

It is in the 32 ohm range,

Probably because the Chinese audiophile community is the single largest group of earbuds user left in the world and they are much more willing to spend on high-end earbuds as they are on IEM.

I'm what ways does the EM5 improve with 300 hours of burn in?

My pair currently have 10 hours of playtime and I'm finding the treble to be a bit rough and not extended enough. I also find it lacking in imaging focus, separation. Maybe too muffled too...

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #40 of 41
I find the treble still rough after over 100 hours, and it isn't changing so the EM5 may not work out for me. It's a shame because it has the best sounding bass I've heard from an earbud.
Dang. Does it scale well with higher fidelity gear?

My Rupert Neve RNHP amp is coming in a week, and I'm going to feed it with a Schiit Bifrost 2. I'm currently using a $35 USB-C DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back