The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 17, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #1,681 of 4,748
Anyone else driving their hd6xx with qudelix 5k? All volume maxed is barely enough to drive to desired max volume and I feel like some more power would help drive them to their full potential. Would a 2.5mm balanced cable with max 4vrms help? The calculations dont seem to be helping me that much

Also would i be able to use the qudelix 5k as a stand alone DAC plugged into something like a JDS Atom Amp? Based on volume Im getting from the hd6xx unbalanced 3.5, i dont believe its powerful enough to drive a planar.
How would you use the Qudelix as just a standalone DAC? How would you connect it to an amp? I suppose you could go 3.5mm out to an external aKP but that would probably create quite a bit of distortion, wouldn’t it? Just wondering...

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #1,685 of 4,748
Hey guys,

Sorry for the off-topic but I've ordered the 5K from Amazon US on October 13 and it still says:
Preparing for Shipment
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

The device was showing In Stock when I ordered it and it still does. I have paid for faster delivery and the Payment Grand Total: GBP 91.36 is pending on my card.

I have contacted Amazon.com (US) twice. On their last email they said: "It is in stock and we are preparing it"

I do not understand what kind of preparation is Amazon doing for almost 3 days now!

First time I encounter something like this!
I hope you get yours. I got mine next day

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #1,687 of 4,748
Screenshot_20201020_063943.jpg

Amazing !

Oct 22, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #1,690 of 4,748
I think the connected bluetooth device will still get priority over the USB.

I don't know, but when I disconnect USB-C power on the Qudelix .. all BT connections are closed too ... I have to reconnect my phones ..

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,691 of 4,748
1) we really need a case for this thing, seriously

2)
1603389873068.png
there's so much other companies have to learn about this one, they are bringing top game into a device that was perfectly executed, its incredible that they even listen to our tantrums (rename custom EQ settings, pairing modes, disable side buttons, PEQ) if bigger companies or even mid sized ones were this dedicated to their customers, they would stop cycling so many revisions of many products, YES Sony, a35. a45 and a55 are THE SAME GOD DAMN THING!

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,693 of 4,748
if bigger companies or even mid sized ones were this dedicated to their customers, they would stop cycling so many revisions of many products
Unfortunately, therein lies the problem. There is too much money to be made by coming out with “new” updated products that are minimally different. The firmware update model is extremely popular with consumers, and builds loyalty, but not so much with profits.

There are certain digital camera companies that follow the firmware model, but the consumer loyalty pays off in the end, b/c the customers end up investing in an entire camera system, and purchase a lot of lenses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back