The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 10, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #1,606 of 4,741
Recabled beyerdynamic dt250 balanced for qudelix. Early reaction: love everything about it. Nice straight industrial design. Buttons work really nice. Solid bluetooth connection. Sound=perfect. Everything better than shanling up2. Pic for how i wear it around the neck
20201010_154338.jpg

My bluetooth headphones using a bluetooth adapter.😄👍

Oct 10, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #1,607 of 4,741
My FH7 (balanced), sounds more spacious, after setting their related PEQ values.
This was not the case with my Beyerdynamics T5p 2nd. The GitHub PEQ configuration page addresses the T5p, but it might be for the 1st edition.
I'll be glad to recieve precise settings for the 2nd.
Meanwhile I am playing with GEQ settings, with some improvments for certain gerns.

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #1,608 of 4,741
So I bought two of these bad bays as things this small tend to get misplaced. I use one for the go with my balanced IEMs and one for lounging at my computer with unbalanced cans. They are excellent and work very well together. Once my phone is in range of the cans one, my phone picks it up and my the audio switches to that unit. If I want it back, all I have to do is press the pause button on the IEM one and then audio switches once you press play. So pause then play will switch to the unit you are currently using.

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,609 of 4,741
So I bought two of these bad bays as things this small tend to get misplaced. I use one for the go with my balanced IEMs and one for lounging at my computer with unbalanced cans. They are excellent and work very well together. Once my phone is in range of the cans one, my phone picks it up and my the audio switches to that unit. If I want it back, all I have to do is press the pause button on the IEM one and then audio switches once you press play. So pause then play will switch to the unit you are currently using.
I’m enjoying it so much, I might just have to buy a second one as well, for a different device.

It’s easily one of the best purchases I’ve made in personal audio.

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #1,610 of 4,741
I’m enjoying it so much, I might just have to buy a second one as well, for a different device.

It’s easily one of the best purchases I’ve made in personal audio.

I was thinking of getting a second one yesterday too. I recently paired mine up to the Node 2i that I use on my desktop setup and it worked great. Thinking of getting one to use exclusively with my Node 2i since the digital outputs from the Node 2i have been acting up after the last firmware update.

Oct 11, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #1,612 of 4,741
Hi Team

Would I be able to use the Qudelix-5K Bluetooth transmitter when in USB DAC mode connected to PC.
I want to connect the 5K to my PC via USB as a DAC and then transmit the audio via Bluetooth to my Sony 1000xm2 headphones using the LDAC codec.

Is this possible with this device?

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #1,613 of 4,741
Hi Team

Would I be able to use the Qudelix-5K Bluetooth transmitter when in USB DAC mode connected to PC.
I want to connect the 5K to my PC via USB as a DAC and then transmit the audio via Bluetooth to my Sony 1000xm2 headphones using the LDAC codec.

Is this possible with this device?
5K is a receiver, not a transmitter. So, no.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #1,616 of 4,741
I went ahead and ordered my very own 5K thanks to high praise from @peter123

I won't lie, I have heard of various BT receivers and amp/dac units in the past but I have always written them off as a gimmick and felt they didn't have the potential to be my daily listening gear. My trusty and precious FiiO E17K has finally reached end of life and so I am on the hunt for something else to use with my laptop and phone on a daily basis. Though I have much better gears, portability and convenience is high on my list of priorities these days and it is with those factors in mind that I look forward to adding the 5K to my arsenal! Thanks again for the heads up Peter :)

Oct 12, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,617 of 4,741
I went ahead and ordered my very own 5K thanks to high praise from @peter123

I won't lie, I have heard of various BT receivers and amp/dac units in the past but I have always written them off as a gimmick and felt they didn't have the potential to be my daily listening gear. My trusty and precious FiiO E17K has finally reached end of life and so I am on the hunt for something else to use with my laptop and phone on a daily basis. Though I have much better gears, portability and convenience is high on my list of priorities these days and it is with those factors in mind that I look forward to adding the 5K to my arsenal! Thanks again for the heads up Peter :)
Great decision.

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #1,618 of 4,741
I wonder the new Sony smartphone Xperia 1ll will be a better match up for use in with 5K against my Notes. Look at the specs.
Screenshot_20201012-214213_Chrome.jpg

It even has a 3.5mm jack. ☺️

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,619 of 4,741
I wonder the new Sony smartphone Xperia 1ll will be a better match up for use in with 5K against my Notes. Look at the specs.
Screenshot_20201012-214213_Chrome.jpg
It even has a 3.5mm jack. ☺

Any phone that supports LDAC and actually streams it at up to 990kbps should sound the same with the 5K. My $349 Pixel 4a should do just as well with the 5K as any phone.

This is what's good about Bluetooth. Unless a phone is missing a codec altogether there should be no difference. Oneplus brand phones seem to somehow screw up Bluetooth AAC sound quality though, so I guess there are some exceptions.

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #1,620 of 4,741
Any phone that supports LDAC and actually streams it at up to 990kbps should sound the same with the 5K. My $349 Pixel 4a should do just as well with the 5K as any phone.

This is what's good about Bluetooth. Unless a phone is missing a codec altogether there should be no difference. Oneplus brand phones seem to somehow screw up Bluetooth AAC sound quality though, so I guess there are some exceptions.
I read somewhere on Head-fi this weekend that there is some flexibility in Android implementation of AAC by the phone manufacturer. Not so much with other codecs (especially those controlled by QCOM). Or at least that is my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back