The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 19, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #766 of 4,741
Yesterday my 5K battery level was 70%. Today it's 60%. I don't think I used 5K after this. I might be wrong, though. But it's not a good sign if I am not as it means K5 drains the "juice" from the battery even when it is OFF. And 10% for the idle time in the night is toooo much. Could anybody check that too?
I'm watching battery usage carefully, too. I had a cable that I've never had a problem with before that didn't charge it the whole time, but a 2nd cable was fine. I used it in performance mode last night and that seems to use battery pretty quickly (more than the website's estimates ). But I'll keep track of it, the battery graph is really nice.

But I'm very happy with the SQ so far.

Jun 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #767 of 4,741
I'm watching battery usage carefully, too. I had a cable that I've never had a problem with before that didn't charge it the whole time, but a 2nd cable was fine. I used it in performance mode last night and that seems to use battery pretty quickly (more than the website's estimates ). But I'll keep track of it, the battery graph is really nice.

But I'm very happy with the SQ so far.
- Sometimes Lithium Batteries need a few full charge/discharge cycles to work closer to rated capacity. Like breaking them in. So results may change for the better after the first week of use.

- Also saw someone ask if 98% was Ok for charge. Actually some folks stop the charge at 90% or even 80%, as doing this extends the serice life of the battery. (Giving up 10% in capacity per charge, to get 500 Charge Cycles; instead of 300 Cycles with full 100% charges.) So, choose your posion!

Jun 19, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #768 of 4,741
I was trying to connect 5K to the app and failed. The app finds 5K but can't pair with it. 5K just turns off after flashing blue\red for some time. Any additional actions required? The OS reads 5K is connected.

Now it was connected. Took awhile.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #769 of 4,741
I did not know that 'Usb audio player pro' can output to Bluetooth, does this means I can get in theory 24-bit/96kHz from tidal MQA over LDAC? Would this work on any Android phone?
Tidal (hifi) audio over Bluetooth via UAPP sounds better than Tidal app over Bluetooth.
I think that MQA is not delivered via BT LDAC.

Jun 19, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #770 of 4,741
I was trying to connect 5K to the app and failed. The app finds 5K but can't pair with it. 5K just turns off after flashing blue\red for some time. Any additional actions required? The OS reads K5 is connected.

Now it was connected. Took awhile.

This is a pattern with this device. On the official forums, they describe this as a consequence of the BLE connection. They're thinking of providing an option to switch to using the main Bluetooth connection for the control software.

What I've observed is that the software usually connects a few second after starting it. Sometimes the app crashes on connection (after this same delay) and starting the app again usually works. This is a departure from the ES100, which is always connected by the time I start the app.

Jun 19, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #771 of 4,741
My first impression is that it had less real power then btr5, but it keeps a lot more control on higher loads and higher volumes. My btr5 drives my hd6XX Well, but only at a normal listening volume, above normal listening volume bass gets distorted. K5 keeps thé bass more in line with thé rest. But had less absolute volume. Btr5 drives headphones to volumes it Hurts. K5 only to An anoying level :p . It's a really Nice toy, perfect replacement for btr5. I'm going to use them both. Probebly with different iem's in them so i can have a good set at home and one for when i'm not home.

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #774 of 4,741
Tidal (hifi) audio over Bluetooth via UAPP sounds better than Tidal app over Bluetooth.
I think that MQA is not delivered via BT LDAC.
This. You don’t get MQA, but still some volume headroom.

I believe the Android mixer bypass afforded by UAPP extends to the signal emitted via BT. Can anyone who understands these things confirm? I believe to take advantage of that you’d also need a receiver with a clock optimized for 44.1kHz and multiples.
It’s something technical I can’t wrap my head around, and I haven’t properly tested it empirically (the difference should be obvious though, going wired UAPP playback destroys that from Tidal’s native app which is butchered by Android’s sample rate conversion).

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #775 of 4,741
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #778 of 4,741
What exactly have you tried? What did you expect? What exactly happened?

Welp, I got usb dac to work on both devices. NO CLUE why it just started working tbh but i'm not going ot question it lol. I still can't get my phone to connect to the device in the app though. I've literally tried everything. I even downgraded the rom on my phone because I was using a beta rom and I thought that might be it. I tried disconnecting from the app on my tablet first and that didn't work either. I've only seen my device show up in the device list in the app ONCE and it was stuck on "connecting" that one time I got to actually click it. I don't even know why it showed up randomly that one time because I've never seen it pop up again and I've been trying it for hours.

It connects instantly to my tablet every time.

edit: I figured it out, apparently you really can't connect to two apps at once. I had to click "remove" under devices on my tablet for the app on my phone to connect. That's actually kind of crappy but I'm glad I finally figured it out.

Also, using it as a usb dac on android the volume output is considerably lower than bluetooth. I don't know if that is an android problem or what but its kind of disappointing.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #779 of 4,741
Also, using it as a usb dac on android the volume output is considerably lower than bluetooth. I don't know if that is an android problem or what but its kind of disappointing.

Just curious, what app are you using on your phone to listen to music? I noticed when I use my Dragonfly Cobalt with UAPP, I never have volume issues but when I play the same music using the Qobuz app, it seems to only control software volume and I get low volume unless I max out my media volume. I dont think Android plays nice with external USB DACs in general unless you use UAPP (which I am not sure if you do). There is also the resampling issue...

Unfortunately, my 5K is still stuck in Korea somewhere so I cant test it yet.

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #780 of 4,741
Just curious, what app are you using on your phone to listen to music? I noticed when I use my Dragonfly Cobalt with UAPP, I never have volume issues but when I play the same music using the Qobuz app, it seems to only control software volume and I get low volume unless I max out my media volume. I dont think Android plays nice with external USB DACs in general unless you use UAPP (which I am not sure if you do). There is also the resampling issue...

Unfortunately, my 5K is still stuck in Korea somewhere so I cant test it yet.

I was testing with youtube music. I don't use UAPP, in fact I actually just learned about it earlier today haha. I was disappointed to know that it doesn't work with youtube music. Google music is about to be rip so I was debating whether or not i should even buy the app. Also, it's definitely a software volume problem. In the 5k app the volume slider for usb doesn't even do anything.

Screenshot_20200619-213712_Qudelix.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back