The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 17, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #661 of 4,741
The fact that we get an app at all is absolute gravy. 99% of these Bluetooth receiver devices have NO app at all. NO settings, NO control. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

I say something is better than nothing.

Apple is constantly updating iOS, macOS, and their software applications. Microsoft is constantly updating Windows, Office, and their countless other applications. Adobe is constantly updating Photoshop. Google is constantly updating Android and Chrome. Every app in the App Store gets updates.

Like every week. Or even every day in some cases. Fixing bugs. Adding features. Making improvements.

Software development is a continuous process. Just about every company on the planet does it. It’s never done. That’s life; that’s reality.

Nothing is 100% perfect, 100% bug free, and fully mature the second it’s released, except in the land of gumdrops and unicorn rainbows.

Qudelix is basically 1 guy. It’s not some mega corporation with thousands of engineers and programmers like Apple, Google, or Amazon. People were bellyaching that it wasn’t released fast enough. Then bellyaching that a global pandemic was causing delays. Bellyaching that the hardware specs and a couple of features like ghost ground changed slightly. Then shipping wasn’t fast enough. Now bellyaching that the software isn’t 100% perfect and fully matured? Seriously?

Let's show the guy some support, some thanks for all his hard work, some encouragement, and some patience. Because if he gives us all a big FU and walks away from the project, then we’re left high and dry with an orphaned device with half baked firmware and no vendor support. Like FiiO loves doing with their DAPs. And xduoo. And countless other audio companies.

If it takes Qudelix 6-12 months to make the software fully mature, iron out a few bugs, and add exciting and useful new features (just like it did with Radsone ES100), then so be it.

It seems like the last year a lot of people have been complaining about the 5K, and with all the other stuff going on in the world it’s depressing enough. I’m personally overjoyed that the 5K is finally here, even if it’s not squeaky clean perfection right out of the box. It’s a glimmer of positivity in an otherwise gloomy time. And as he adds more features to the software, fixes a few things, streamlines things here and there - it can only get better from here on out, right?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #665 of 4,741
Inline mic doesn't work in USB DAC mode. A bit of a bummer as I was hoping I can use this for gaming and ditch my onboard mic input.
Couldn't you just use a cheap mic and attach it to your headphone cable? I have my mic plugged into my on board sound and my headphones plugged into a sound card for example. My sound card mic input has no boost like my on board does.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #666 of 4,741
My Issues so far as a WIRED DAC / AMP

Wired USB DAC / AMP Issues
  • Wired USB DAC / AMP - Constant Cuts in and out when you have it paired to your Mobile Phone while using it as a WIRED DAC / AMP for Laptop. Turning OFF BT on your Phone will Lead to the Following Issue. (See Below)
  • Wired USB DAC / AMP - It Constantly Searches for BT Devices even when in WIRED Connection to a Laptop, It will Loses wired Connection if it doesn't find any devices than It will turn itself Off / On and repeats. its like an Endless Loop.
I will add more as I go long.
Wow, that doesnt sound good at all!:/

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #669 of 4,741
I'm in thé same direction with Slater , i also knew i was buying something that was NEW, from a NEW Company, that wasn't released early'er. And my expectations on this are low. I'm just hoping it's going to perform in thé same way as my btr5, and for thé price i paid it's a toy, it's not something i need. I wanna play with it, have Fun with it, and if it turns out it's beating my btr5, Well that would be amazing, if it does'nt do that, i'll have a new toy i can play with and follow thé updates on thé software and firmware and use it as a toy....
And does it work without thé app? What's thé problem then?

And why is everybody talking about thé bad software of fiio? I'm really happy with thé app(fiio controll) i put my settings in ( dac multiplier on 1, etc etc.... I'm no user of EQ settings) and i play music. A lot of music,.... And enjoy life, with music, and reading about thé K5 with music, good sounding music.....

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #670 of 4,741
The fact that we get an app at all is absolute gravy. 99% of these Bluetooth receiver devices have NO app at all. NO settings, NO control. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Something is better than nothing.

Apple is constantly updating iOS. Microsoft is constantly updating Windows and Office. Adobe is constantly updating Photoshop. Google is constantly updating Android and Chrome. Every app in the App Store gets updates.

Like every week. Or even every day in some cases. Fixing bugs. Adding features. Making improvements.

Software development is a continuous process. It’s never done. That’s life; that’s reality.

Nothing is 100% perfect, 100% bug free, and fully mature the second it’s released, except in the land of gumdrops and unicorn rainbows.

Qudelix is basically 1 guy. It’s not some mega corporation with thousands of engineers and programmers like Apple or Amazon. People were bellyaching that it wasn’t released fast enough. Then bellyaching that a global pandemic was causing delays. Bellyaching that the hardware specs and a couple of features like ghost ground changed slightly. Then shipping wasn’t fast enough. Now bellyaching that the software isn’t 100% perfect and fully matured? Seriously?

How about we show the guy some support, some thanks for all his hard work, some encouragement, and some patience. Because if he gives us all a big FU and walks away from the project, then we’re left high and dry with orphaned devices with half baked firmware and no vendor support. Like FiiO loves doing with their DAPs. And xduoo. And countless other audio companies.

If it takes Qudelix 6-12 months to make the software fully mature and iron out all the bugs (like it did with Radsone ES100), then so be it.

And I apologize if I’m coming across like I’m attacking you personally. I don’t mean it that way at all. It’s just frustrating because it just seems like the last year has been nothing but complaining about the 5K, and with all the other stuff going on in the world it’s depressing enough. I’m personally overjoyed that the 5K is finally here, even if it’s not squeaky clean perfection in a box. It’s a glimmer of positivity in an otherwise gloomy time. And as he adds more and more features to the software, it can only get better from here on out, right?
i apologize in advance, but i'm not going to dignify this silly outburst with a serious response. "i'm MAD that this PRODUCT has been VILIFIED!" "MANY products have EVEN LESS, and are supported REALLY POORLY!" okay?

i ordered the product less than an hour after it went live. i was following the development since well before this thread started. i haven't said anything pejorative about them in any way, I like the team, and they've been responsive. i work in software development; i know that it's always ongoing. (i can't believe that i'm having to mollify you in this fashion, but here we are.)

if your response to "it would be nice if the software were more complete at launch; here are some things that i think could be improved" is to have an emotional meltdown that you fear may come off as a personal attack, you should perhaps consider your priorities in life and why it is that your identity is so entangled with the perceived slander of a bluetooth dongle.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #671 of 4,741
i apologize in advance, but i'm not going to dignify this silly outburst with a serious response. "i'm MAD that this PRODUCT has been VILIFIED!" "MANY products have EVEN LESS, and are supported REALLY POORLY!" okay?

i ordered the product less than an hour after it went live. i was following the development since well before this thread started. i haven't said anything pejorative about them in any way, I like the team, and they've been responsive. i work in software development; i know that it's always ongoing. (i can't believe that i'm having to mollify you in this fashion, but here we are.)

if your response to "it would be nice if the software were more complete at launch; here are some things that i think could be improved" is to have an emotional meltdown that you fear may come off as a personal attack, you should perhaps consider your priorities in life and why it is that your identity is so entangled with the perceived slander of a bluetooth dongle.

My statement wasn't directed at you personally; I didn't even really mean to reply to your post specifically, and have removed your quote from my post. I was just throwing my statement out there into the ether. The complainers know who they are.

And no, my identity is not entangled with a bluetooth dongle lol. I could personally care less. It's first world problems, right?

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #674 of 4,741
Couldn't you just use a cheap mic and attach it to your headphone cable? I have my mic plugged into my on board sound and my headphones plugged into a sound card for example. My sound card mic input has no boost like my on board does.
That's the exact thing I'm doing right now. Just hoped I can trim down the cables on my desk. No biggie, though.

Does even the 5K mic work through USB? I didn't think the 5K can operate as a USB mic device.
Yeah, it doesn't. Nor did Qudelix said that it would. Just foolish hopes on my part.

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #675 of 4,741

Users who are viewing this thread

Back