The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #631 of 4,741
How is the amount of bass? I mean as compared with ES100.

Using the flat EQ. I can't hear a noticeable difference.

You can save multiple presets. There are 10. But it's not very clear how to do it in the app. Click on the frequency graph and it'll flip the bottom to presets. Scroll to the bottom and click and hold on the one you want to set.

Found it! Thank you!

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #633 of 4,741
Got mine about an hour ago, I've tried cans and IEMs on it so far.

Quick impressions:
This thing is built like a tank. Not that I'm going to try, but it could probably pass the car test. The lights in the buttons are bright, but the app can turn them off. I'm not sure how much I like the "one piece" buttons,though. The edges of the unit could also stand to be rounded a bit. It's also a fingerprint magnet. I may end up putting some carbon fiber decal on it like my ES100. No instructions make things a little funny - it seems to have a 2 part phone pairing like the ES100.

Sound quality will have to wait, but it does sound good. It drove my AKGs to an acceptable level with some boost. They need a lot of power. My ZSXs sound great, but I have to dial in the EQ. I think it might have more power than the ES100, but I'm just guessing for now.

I'll heartily second the comments on the app. It's a mess - I get it, it's a first version, but still it's got a ton of options and screens that are hard to navigate. There are no instructions, I have no idea what some of these options do, and I turned on the music with the buds out so I didn't blow my ears. Hopefully they'll add the hints like the EarStudio app. I don't want to blow something up because I clicked the wrong thing. The EQ sliders are also fiddly.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #634 of 4,741
Seems kind of obvious the app isn't going to magically have everything at launch. I bet in a few months it will be even better.
Yes it seems so, and from reading their responses in the Qudelix site forum, they have been trying to manage expectations on the readiness of the app. It seems that they are trying hard to prepare the hardware to be as well as possible, and only focus on the app and the software features in stages.

I guess we have to manage our own expectations too, considering we tend to want to compare it against the ES100 which is a culmination of years of development.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #635 of 4,741
You can save multiple presets. There are 10. But it's not very clear how to do it in the app. Click on the frequency graph and it'll flip the bottom to presets. Scroll to the bottom and click and hold on the one you want to set.

Very cool to have 10 custom EQ profiles! The 3 you get with the ES100 is quite limiting.

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to rename the custom 5K profiles. So I guess I’ll have to maintain a spreadsheet with what profile is what. Unless that’s something that they’re going to update later.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #636 of 4,741
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #637 of 4,741
Very cool to have 10 custom EQ profiles! The 3 you get with the ES100 is quite limiting.

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to rename the custom 5K profiles. So I guess I’ll have to maintain a spreadsheet with what profile is what. Unless that’s something that they’re going to update later.
Yeah - I'll have to play with that. The stock presets don't seem to be very good, but I'll have to try them some more. But I don't tend to use any but the L2P ones, anyway. I always tweak.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #638 of 4,741
Seems kind of obvious the app isn't going to magically have everything at launch.
eh, yes and no. it's not exactly unexpected and it's certainly understandable, but a product should launch complete with features to be added, not incomplete and needing completion. I know things are a bit Strange in our new world of constant betas and updates and DLC, but it shouldn't be considered "magical" to release a software-dependent piece of hardware with an fully-completed piece of software. It didn't have to be full EarStudio level, but the disparity is certainly larger than I had hoped.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #640 of 4,741
eh, yes and no. it's not exactly unexpected and it's certainly understandable, but a product should launch complete with features to be added, not incomplete and needing completion. I know things are a bit Strange in our new world of constant betas and updates and DLC, but it shouldn't be considered "magical" to release a software-dependent piece of hardware with an fully-completed piece of software. It didn't have to be full EarStudio level, but the disparity is certainly larger than I had hoped.

If you look at the change log for the ES100, it took then quite a while to add the complete set of functions and features that the app has currently.

I can see both sides of the argument. As a consumer and audiophile, I ‘want it all now’ so to speak. But as an IT professional, I also understand the reason why that’s not always possible.

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #643 of 4,741
Weird request but has anyone tried using it as a USB DAC on a Nintendo Switch?
The Switch's USB-C is pretty messed up. I'll go test this for you and update this reply with info about whether it works.

EDIT: yeah, no luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back