The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 26, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #271 of 4,741
Dec 27, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #272 of 4,741
Very excited about this product. I had asked for the es100 for Christmas but just got cash from them instead. Which gave me enough pause to find this amazing upcoming release. Can hold out a few months for this gem to be released. Big thumbs up.

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #273 of 4,741
Just from sound quality/performance perspectives (via BT LDAC and USB DAC), how do you consider the coming 5K against the new FiiO BTR5 and the Radsone ES100?

I own an ES100, currently considering the BTR5. Mostly streaming Tidal HiFi, over Samsung S10 (android 10), using FiiO FH7 (balance) and Shure SE846 (single ended).

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #274 of 4,741
Just from sound quality/performance perspectives (via BT LDAC and USB DAC), how do you consider the coming 5K against the new FiiO BTR5 and the Radsone ES100?

I own an ES100, currently considering the BTR5. Mostly streaming Tidal HiFi, over Samsung S10 (android 10), using FiiO FH7 (balance) and Shure SE846 (single ended).

Thanks

5K is still in R&D phase, no one knows about its final SQ. Come back in 3~4 months then maybe you will have your answer.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #276 of 4,741
Thanks
I am aware about the 5k status. I did ask for your opinion/estimation based on the published/known specifications; before continuing with the BTR5.

I have 4 other BT adapters that use the same DAC/amp chip as what 5K is planning to use and they neither sound nor measure the same, so it is kind of pointless trying to guess how 5K is going to sound like by reading the spec. Implementation is the key and we have no idea how well 5K is truly going to be.

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #277 of 4,741
As far as selling points for me the para eq and more bands on the normal eq would tell me this has great tone shaping ability. But yeah I mean to speculate on the sound of a device that doesn’t exist in reality yet, probably not going to be a good use of time.

I was going to get one of the existing devices but will be purchasing the 5k on release.

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #278 of 4,741
This looks really promising and I will definitely keep an eye on it! Hope it would not take 6 months for us to see on the market

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #281 of 4,741
I have 4 other BT adapters that use the same DAC/amp chip as what 5K is planning to use and they neither sound nor measure the same, so it is kind of pointless trying to guess how 5K is going to sound like by reading the spec. Implementation is the key and we have no idea how well 5K is truly going to be.

What are these 4 other BT adapters out of interest, and do you have links to measurements of them?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #282 of 4,741
What are these 4 other BT adapters out of interest, and do you have links to measurements of them?
Hiby W5, Fiio BTR5, Shanling up2 and up4. As to measurements those are hard to come by but maybe @ClieOS has an ace up his sleeve.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #283 of 4,741
Hiby W5, Fiio BTR5, Shanling up2 and up4. As to measurements those are hard to come by but maybe @ClieOS has an ace up his sleeve.

Yep, those are the 4. I have a habit of doing basic measurements on my gears to check for obvious issue when writing up impression. Most of the data won't be published unless there is a very good reason to, namely because these are not done via industrial standard and thus doesn't have any value as public reference but only good for comparison with gears measured under the same condition. You can find RMAA measurement of UP4 (vs. BTR5) on my BT adapter thread using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I also have an QuantAsylum QA400 audio analyzer for double checking.

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #284 of 4,741
Yep, those are the 4. I have a habit of doing basic measurements on my gears to check for obvious issue when writing up impression. Most of the data won't be published unless there is a very good reason to, namely because these are not done via industrial standard and thus doesn't have any value as public reference but only good for comparison with gears measured under the same condition. You can find RMAA measurement of UP4 (vs. BTR5) on my BT adapter thread using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I also have an QuantAsylum QA400 audio analyzer for double checking.

Great thread! Those UP4 USB mode measurements in the RMAA result2 folder are shockingly bad considering it has the same DAC/amp as the BTR5 which performs well...Are any of the measurements in the RMAA result3 folder of the UP4 with firmware 1.1 of the USB mode? I mostly care about USB really.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #285 of 4,741
Great thread! Those UP4 USB mode measurements in the RMAA result2 folder are shockingly bad considering it has the same DAC/amp as the BTR5 which performs well...Are any of the measurements in the RMAA result3 folder of the UP4 with firmware 1.1 of the USB mode? I mostly care about USB really.

They are all measured as USB DAC unless otherwise stated. BT measurement is not easy and tend to be far worst due to BT transcoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back