The PS2 Grand Hit is Coming Back, Kingdom Hearts
May 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 12
Its been so long I don't really even remember how KH2 ended... Well f it I'm gonna go pull out the old PS2 (stupid fat PS3 broke and had to go buy a skinny one with no PS2 capability).  Yoko Shimomura did some awesome work on that game btw.

May 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 12
I wonder if it will actually be a sequel, or just another spin-off.

My dream announcement would be Kingdom Hearts as a PS3 exclusive... But we all know that won't happen. If it is Kingdom Hearts 3, I'll either be Wii U exclusive, or for PS3 and 360. Being that Kingdom Hearts calls to my childish side, I really don't want to see it on 360. It's one of those games I feel would only be right on the system where it all began. But Square-Enix likes accepting money hats from Microsoft too much.
frown.gif

May 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 12
I was a fan, but after KHII, the series is getting quite stale and convoluted. Birth By Sleep was good for what it was, but it doesn't match the scale of Kingdom Hearts II for me. It surely felt like a spin off. dream Drop Distance... I'm still not sold on it, but I'll still be playing it. I hated 358/2, and the other spin offs.

Let's hope the next game really goes back to the epic scale of KHII.... with less linearity on the maps design, which frankly, was very mediocre. the first game had some seriously great map designs in comparison.

May 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 12
Being that KH1 and KH2 were some of the first game I played as a kid, they were absolutely amazing. It was a huge success as gamers of all age loved the game, but then it moved to the DS and PSP, and TBH, they sucked.

May 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 12
Exactly 1 year after this thread was started, I'm going to try and revive it. I just stumbled on my old PS2 and games, and I immediately want final exams to be over. The kingdom hearts games were the most finely crafted games that I have ever played, and they will always hold a special place in my heart. That is all.

May 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Exactly 1 year after this thread was started, I'm going to try and revive it. I just stumbled on my old PS2 and games, and I immediately want final exams to be over. The kingdom hearts games were the most finely crafted games that I have ever played, and they will always hold a special place in my heart. That is all.

KH1.5 HD remix is almost out! I think Sept.

May 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #11 of 12
Also, they tweaked the battle system to play more like Kingdom Hearts II. That is a VERY good thing. I will e getting 1.5, and loving the heck out of it. I didn't play re-Chain (I did play the original CoM though), so that's a good thing.

I couldn't stomach 358/2, and didn't play re-Coded. DDD... I ended up giving up. The game was just too much, too fast. I hated that I could just leap over a whole area in two seconds. That and being restricted to using one or the other and forced to swap. That irks me. If I had a cheat device, that would be the first thing I'd stop.

They better tone it down for KHIII and make it a bit more accessible. DDD was a mess to me.

I liked BBS, but I'm getting sick of spin offs. They need to go back to the massive sense of scale like KHII, despite it having horribly simplistic and linear map designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back