the pink flip case for ipod mini... REVIEW of sorts. or rather, rant!
Jan 14, 2005 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, some of you folk might recall the post I had about that Pacific Design flip case for the iPod Mini. It's cute and pink and has a white stripe down it.

Well, I ordered it and it came in yesterday. My review?

It sucks.

It looks cute, but that's about ALL it does. It adds entirely too much bulk to the player and the novelty of the flip case wears off rapidly when I keep having to use two hands to flip it open. The case is relatively well put together, but it is apparently not designed with audio nerds in mind. The cutout in the flip front for the headphone plug is misaligned and too small, the large right angle plug on my E3cs pushes it up and makes it difficult to flip open. The cutout on the bottom for the dock connector is so badly misaligned that you have to physically push the player to one side to get the connector to slide in. The front panel cutouts, for the screen and the clickwheel, are aligned properly, however.

It was inexpensive, but not this inexpensive. Also, the website I ordered it from (eBags) has the material used misstated; it is not microfiber, which I thought it was, but a very fake feeling pleather material. The material feels nice, but it's not very durable. The inner lining is a sort of fine black synthetic felt, which does not scratch the player, but tends to leave black fuzzy dust all over the iPod.

Needless to say, it's pretty much been tossed somewhere until I find out which one of my friends wants it.

I'm getting a Vaja case next week.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Looking at the i-volution series, I can get it in pink and it looks VERY well made. I know there's a lot of happy vaja customers here so I think maybe I'll have to join that team. =P

Jan 14, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 2
How about an iSkin mini?(in blush) - T've got my 'pod being hugged tight by an ebony one... Looks good and all the holes are where they should be,a breeze to fit and it doesn't add a lot of bulk either
biggrin.gif
The only con is it's love affair with dust/lint etc...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back