The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #46 of 325
That would make a lot of sense in many ways as I think that we would all be seriously tempted to buy something if we spent that long there surrounded in toys.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #47 of 325

Quote:
That would make a lot of sense in many ways as I think that we would all be seriously tempted to buy something if we spent that long there surrounded in toys.

I actually wanted to get a new IEM for myself, most likely a SE215, so I guess it'll empty a lot of our wallets. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #48 of 325
I havent been in too much of a hurry for a headfi meet since the weather has been so hot and my RX3 is not here yet but pretty soon I think that I would be keen to have some kind of meet.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #50 of 325

Quote:
I actually wanted to get a new IEM for myself, most likely a SE215, so I guess it'll empty a lot of our wallets. 

Quote:

Quote:
I'd say the meet should happen after May or later, since there are plenty of new stuff coming out at March.

May sounds good to me too.

I'd volunteer to contact Headphonic but I'm currently busy with moving out, getting a new job and setting up my own business. Anyone else want to volunteer to be the meet organiser? Maybe we could set up an email list for updates and what not.

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #51 of 325
I was wondering if headphonics stocked SE215s in clear so I sent an email asking and mentioned that we were talking about them in the thread.

Hi, just wondering if you guys have the Shure SE215 in clear in stock ? I'm trying to get my hands on one. Also, some of the guys on Head-Fi are planning a meet and you guys were mentioned.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577374/perth-western-australia-interest-for-a-2012-meet/30#post_8145393

Their response:

Greetings,

We have clear models in stock - just specify you'd like clear when placing an order, or you can come in and grab them :)

I'm guessing they are not particularly interested in hosting a meet or maybe hosting the meet is not possible for them. Or they could be trying to surprise us.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #52 of 325

Quote:
I was wondering if headphonics stocked SE215s in clear so I sent an email asking and mentioned that we were talking about them in the thread.

In my experience, that's a typical business reply. It frustrates me how often people blatantly ignore questions in business emails. This has happened to me at every workplace and even with emails with Meier Audio, HeadRoom, etc. Do they just not read the whole email? Or do they think it's okay to just dismiss anything that isn't to their immediate interest? Even if they can't answer, I want acknowledgement, at least, damnit!
mad.gif

Although it's possible that whoever replied to the email didn't bother clicking on the link and therefore didn't know a question was asked? (Also a typical business thing to do)
Or it's like you said, they might want to surprise us...

Parall3l, what about a reply with a more direct question? Maybe they might feel more comfortable hosting a meet if we mentioned that we were prepared to buy anything we damaged, just so they don't have to worry about their stock being damaged and unsellable as a result?

I can be tenacious to a fault (I like confirmation and hate guessing games) so feel free to take no further action.

If this falls through and no other ideas are had, I'd be prepared to offer my new residence as a venue for a meet. As long as it's got enough room, but hopefully I'll be able to afford something big enough.

Also Kremer930, I'd love to have a chance to audition your desktop Schiit (set-up
tongue_smile.gif
). I'm saving for a cavalli audio liquid fire, lcd-3's and resolution audio cantata (mtwilsons set-up) but due to the cost it's a while away and I'm still going on portable daps and amplifiers.

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #53 of 325
I'd be happy to bring along all of my gear.  

It is a shame that no one that I have seen owns an RSA Dark Star.  I would love to hear one of those.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #56 of 325
I need to write an convincing email to Headphonics since if they get involved in this meet, it should have a great result IMO.

Here's my draft:

Hi, some members of the website Head-Fi, AKA Head-Fi'ers are planning a meet where everyone bring their gear in and basically have fun. Just wondering if you guys want to host the meet or get involved in it. Hosting meets or attending them often benefit the other member of trades, and as far as I know increased their profits. While Headphonics is well known around Australia, it is not very often talked about on Head-FI. Hosting a meet could potentially bring in extra profits and more customers in the future. 

PS: The Head-Fi meet is in no way financially related to the website Head-Fi and is normally an event organised by members of the community

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #57 of 325

Quote:
I need to write an convincing email to Headphonics since if they get involved in this meet, it should have a great result IMO.

Here's my draft:

Hi, some members of the website Head-Fi, AKA Head-Fi'ers are planning a meet where everyone bring their gear in and basically have fun. Just wondering if you guys want to host the meet or get involved in it. Hosting meets or attending them often benefit the other member of trades, and as far as I know increased their profits. While Headphonics is well known around Australia, it is not very often talked about on Head-FI. Hosting a meet could potentially bring in extra profits and more customers in the future. 

PS: The Head-Fi meet is in no way financially related to the website Head-Fi and is normally an event organised by members of the community

Here's the modifications I would make:

---------------------------
Dear Headphonic,

I'm writing on behalf of a group of audiophiles based in Perth, WA, who are planning a meet where everyone auditions each others gear for fun and experimentation. At the moment we are seeking a venue. I'm writing to ask if you would be interested in hosting the meet or be involved in some capacity. Hosting meets or attending them often benefits members of the trade, and provides them with potential new business. We are currently organising the details of this meet on the audiophile forum head-fi.org. While Headphonics is well known around Australia, it is not very often talked about on Head-FI. Hosting a meet could potentially bring in extra profits and more customers in the future. 

PS: The meet is in no way financially related to the website Head-Fi and is normally an event organised by members of the community.
---------------------------

Whilst we're discussing this on head-fi, I would prefer not to call it a head-fi meet, as that would suggest that it might have official sponsorship from the site.

Anyway, those are the changes I would make. Feel free to use or dismiss them.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #58 of 325

Quote:

Here's my draft:

Oh, I forgot to mention. Ask them if they're willing to let us audition the gear they have in store? Maybe if they also advertise a 10% discount or something to whoever attends the meet, more people at the meet will buy their products. It's like bringing in a bunch of customers all at once for them. I know I definitely would like some more time with the LCD-3's (wasn't too impressed with them last time I heard them... I want to hear them on a Schiit set up like Kremer has.)

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #60 of 325
A discount would certainly tempt me into buying something off them.  They are very helpful but woudnt budge on price.  I wanted a set of DT1350 and offered them $20 less than their asking price and they wouldnt go for it.  So I bought them from the US for $100 less, landed.

I appreciate that they cant compete against the import prices but their service is really good and I would pay a premium to support them.  Just not a massive premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back