The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #31 of 325
Heya fellas, was routed to this thread through Parall3l

I'm around Willetton, will be keen for a meet though I don't have that much equipment...

edit:

Will/am able to bring

- M50
- Millett Starving Student
- Maverick D1
- MTPC
- JDSlabs C421
- Candy?

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #33 of 325
I am happy to bring all of the items in my signature line. Perhaps also the Alo Rx3 too depending on the timing of the meet. 

Cheers

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #34 of 325
I can bring my Alessandro MS-Pro's and Schiit Asgard. Also have a set of MS-1's 

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #35 of 325
Been a while since the last post...

Any status/news updates on the possible location(s)/date(s) of this event?

If you guys are stumped for locations, I could possibly check the availability of a room/hall within Curtin Uni...

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #36 of 325
Sounds like a good idea. So long as we have heaps of power points chairs and tables then I would be in for Curtin as the venue. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #38 of 325
Have spoken to some mates at Uni that have hired out rooms before, and they reckon that hiring out a room is much cheaper than a lecture hall...

http://roombookings.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/2012_Community_Rate.pdf

Link above displays the cost of hiring rooms, halls and lecture theatres to Curtin affliated and non affliated members.

If Perth members are keen, we could look into every chipping in say $5 bucks each to hire a room out for a few hours or a day for this meet.

Being a 4th year student, I'll see if I can use that as leverage to lower prices (pull a few strings with lecturers I get along with) in order to get a cheaper rate if you all are interested...

Give us some feedback guys?

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #39 of 325
Yea- I'd be happy with that! 

Quote:
Have spoken to some mates at Uni that have hired out rooms before, and they reckon that hiring out a room is much cheaper than a lecture hall...

http://roombookings.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/2012_Community_Rate.pdf

Link above displays the cost of hiring rooms, halls and lecture theatres to Curtin affliated and non affliated members.

If Perth members are keen, we could look into every chipping in say $5 bucks each to hire a room out for a few hours or a day for this meet.

Being a 4th year student, I'll see if I can use that as leverage to lower prices (pull a few strings with lecturers I get along with) in order to get a cheaper rate if you all are interested...

Give us some feedback guys?

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #40 of 325
Sounds like a great idea. 

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #42 of 325

Quote:
So who here has a SE215 in clear and was on the train today ? Saw someone with them.

Time and direction?

I have 215s and use them on the train to work... but I have seen some people with them too...

As an update to meet venue...

I've fired off several emails to places with regards to venue hire(even the convention centre btw!), as of yet no one has replied...
Will keep looking/enquiring and let you guys know...

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #43 of 325

Quote:
Time and direction?

I have 215s and use them on the train to work... but I have seen some people with them too...

As an update to meet venue...

I've fired off several emails to places with regards to venue hire(even the convention centre btw!), as of yet no one has replied...
Will keep looking/enquiring and let you guys know...

Around 5, mandurah line.

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #45 of 325
I'm keen.

Me and my friend went to Headphonic recently. When we were about to leave, the salesman told us to come back any time and that we could spend a whole afternoon just listening to headphones (we came in to audition the LCD-3's). Maybe they could set us up with a venue (their backroom?). Then we'd have access to more headphones and they could get more business as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back