The PERFECT digital AUDIO player.......
Aug 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #31 of 59
I bought mine new from Amazon. Refurbs are great deals though.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #32 of 59
FS deals are great as well. I bought my 8GB clip+ for $40 on a local pickup. That can't be beaten and I keep going back to the clip+ despite buying more expensive players but end up selling those instead for the clip+

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #34 of 59

Quote:
is Fuze better in any way over the Clip+, except for playing video?

No. The sound quality is the same. The only difference is the battery life and video capacity.

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #35 of 59
I bought a refurbished Sansa Fuze and I love it. The expandable memory option is a huge bonus and the sound quality is great. I'm really loving this as my primary portable music player.

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #36 of 59
i just got my 8GB Clip+ in the mail.  This thing is smaller than anything EVER.  haha.

I swore I grabbed my hard drive of FLACs, but apparently not :frowning2:  So I'm stuck on a trip all weekend without being able to try this puppy out :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #40 of 59
amp'ing this with my Headroom Total Bithead amp w/batteries and my Clip+ Rockbox'ed with FLAC sounds great.  Using Shure SE530's and there is hardly any innate noise, even turned up all the way.  That is, you'll have some floor static if it's in the recording if you have sensitive IEM's, but if there is no noise in the recording there will be none or almost none in your ears :)

Listening to the 2009 Beatles Stereo remasters, and it's lovely.

what do you guys use for portable amps?

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #41 of 59
Fuse+ just announced:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/31/sansa-debuts-newly-designed-fuze-pmps/

SUPPORTS FLAC NATIVELY

The Sansa Fuze+ portable media player's broad audio and video CODEC pack ensures easy compatibility with most major media formats.

* Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC/M4A (DRM-free iTunes songs), FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, Audible, Secure WMA, Podcasts
* Video: H.264, MPEG-4, WMV, Flip Video*
* Photos: JPEG, BMP, TIFF*, GIF*, PNG*

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #42 of 59
Anyone have any experience using this with ultra-sensitive IEMs?  My problem is always that most amps make my TRIPS way too loud too quickly; would I be able to get away with running this unamped?  Or would there be really awful hiss...

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #43 of 59

I do. I think the Clip+ as well as the Fuze is well suited for sensitive IEM's.
Quote:
Anyone have any experience using this with ultra-sensitive IEMs?  My problem is always that most amps make my TRIPS way too loud too quickly; would I be able to get away with running this unamped?  Or would there be really awful hiss...

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #44 of 59

Quote:
I do. I think the Clip+ as well as the Fuze is well suited for sensitive IEM's.

Very interesting.  Out of sheer curiosity, something this small and cheap can't possibly have a line out, can it?  How do you use an external amp with it?  Just max the HPA volume?

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #45 of 59

Quote:
Very interesting.  Out of sheer curiosity, something this small and cheap can't possibly have a line out, can it?  How do you use an external amp with it?  Just max the HPA volume?

bigsmile_face.gif
Yup. Set the volume to 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back