The PENON official thread
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #2,491 of 13,614
How to invert?

below, is what's on hand here @ home. u can use anything to "guide" the stem to invert it entirely.
They're durable, they're very pliable...

IMG_20210414_210057.jpg
IMG_20210414_210126.jpg
IMG_20210414_210140.jpg

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,492 of 13,614
Sounds like the E-pros inv. gave a really good resolution from Bass, Mids but treble is maintained.
The Biggest surprise was the Sound field, being Higher further and some more depth, like what the S.dot++ does.
As for the Xelastecs, it gives out a very neutral tuning overall.
For the Final E-types, gives out a more full bodied mids, enhance the mids most...
IMG_20210414_211325.jpg

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #2,494 of 13,614
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,496 of 13,614
Side question: I just found out this annoying trait of inverted starline tips yesterday (my first attempt at inversion). If you push them in to get a better seal, the top of the tips deforms and gets deeper. But after some time there is a pop sound and it regains its shape, and looses some of the seal. The only way to counter this is what I did with the tri flange tips in the beginning, pinch my ear to make the canal bigger and then push them in (I don't need to do it anymore though as my ear has gotten used to the tri flange). Is there any other way?

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #2,497 of 13,614
Small to small, medium too big inverted... wish ePro made a MS size.
oh yeah, got it.
They become 1 size larger after the inversion.
Yeah, there should've been a size MS though...

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #2,498 of 13,614
Side question: I just found out this annoying trait of inverted starline tips yesterday (my first attempt at inversion). If you push them in to get a better seal, the top of the tips deforms and gets deeper. But after some time there is a pop sound and it regains its shape, and looses some of the seal. The only way to counter this is what I did with the tri flange tips in the beginning, pinch my ear to make the canal bigger and then push them in (I don't need to do it anymore though as my ear has gotten used to the tri flange). Is there any other way?
Please, can u share photo? thanks

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #2,500 of 13,614
oh yeah, got it.
They become 1 size larger after the inversion.
Yeah, there should've been a size MS though...
Oh they go up a size? I thought it was the other way around, so I inverted the L tips. So I guess I should invert the S tips to get a M size eartips out of them.
Please, can u share photo? thanks
Let me try inverting the S size, and see if the problem persists. If it does I will try to show the pics of both the normal form and deformed form of the tips.

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #2,501 of 13,614
Wow! They must be good... shame I placed my order for the Orbs with the Penon Leo Plus Cable three days before the Globe's were released. I would have been tempeted to go for them instead. I just feel that if I get the Globe's now they will be too close in sound to the Orbs with Leo Plus cable.

Having owned the Orb for a quite a while now, I don't think you'll be shortchanged for its worth. I use mine frequently and I'm not really missing much when it comes to treble (as compared with the additional BA of the Globe). Though I haven't tried the Globe yet, I would imagine having near level of lush vocals that can compete with higher priced IEMs, balanced and well-textured bass. I only notice the difference in treble sparkle whenever I immediately come from treble-rich IEMs going back to Orb. Otherwise, there seems plenty enough for me.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #2,502 of 13,614
Before ePro Horns, I would call Globe’s bass “thick”. With these tips, I call it “full”. So cohesive with the mids now.

Nailed it!
The (Bass) Definition goes up, way up, too. it may not be the quantity, but the decay, those nuances, that surround the actual notes! clearly audible now.
I suppose separation's better as well.
The Globes are approaching Flagship level tuning now...

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #2,503 of 13,614
I just placed an order for some ePro Horns from amazon. I will report back after some quality time and compare with the Horns vs. stock green tips vs. DUNU transparency tips.

What we need next is a Penon Atmosphere with a Sonion EST for highs, Sonion BA(s) for mids, and a BE-coated DD for bass all tuned to the Penon house sound and priced at $399 or lower.

2spheresoftheearth2-160625142244-thumbnail-4.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #2,504 of 13,614
What we need next is a Penon Atmosphere with a Sonion EST for highs, Sonion BA(s) for mids, and a BE-coated DD for bass all tuned to the Penon house sound and priced at $399 or lower.
That would be a guaranteed blind buy.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,505 of 13,614
Volt is getting so much airtime and you can see what my flagship collection is... this is a testimony of how good penon is in tuning IEMs.

I am blind purchasing anything that comes after Volt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back