The past and the future of Meier-Audio
Jul 23, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #62 of 70
" Hmm, and here I was hoping he'd call it the Quickstep! "

Good suggestion.

Maybe for the next amp!!

:)

Jan

Digging up an old thread because Dr. Meier does name his new amp QuickStep. From th description, it seems to be 2SD with stronger build and better EMI resistance?
quickstepblack280.jpg

There is also the all new PCSTEP, not active ground balanced but still OPA209 based and come with USB DAC.
pcstepblack280.jpg

I wonder why I don't see much discussion about them?

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #63 of 70
This is fantastic actually. I have been wanting a reason to move from the SD the 2SD but I couldn't really justify it just on the saving in size and weight. This new RF shielding on the Quickstep is a big advantage. Those heavy duty jacks look nice too.

This could be a gift to myself in the Fall.  
biggrin.gif

Edit: I have updated the title of the main Stepdance thread so that the discussion of the Quickstep can continue there.

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #64 of 70
I have been eyeing it for the past 2 weeks and the only thing that is holding me back is the use of a 9v battery. Battery replacement and charging is pretty troublesome (and painful) compared to the other plug-and-charge inbuilt lithium battery used by many other amps.

The upside is that I will not need to worry about the lithium battery llifespan eventually dying on me.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #65 of 70
I have been eyeing it for the past 2 weeks and the only thing that is holding me back is the use of a 9v battery. Battery replacement and charging is pretty troublesome (and painful) compared to the other plug-and-charge inbuilt lithium battery used by many other amps.

The upside is that I will not need to worry about the lithium battery llifespan eventually dying on me.

You can find really decent Li-ion based rechargeable 9V battery on eBay these days. They don't even need a special charger, any NiMH 9V charger will do as the battery has internal circuit to prevent overcharging. Look for a brand called Great Power. I use a few of their batteries and they all perform really well and up to the capacity they are claiming. Buy two of them and you can charge one while using the other, and they don't cost a fortune.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #66 of 70
Jul 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #67 of 70
I had these Lithium ion batteries back then when I had the Stepdance. My concern was that the battery catch was very tight (I broke my fingernails a few times).

I would very much prefer those inbuilt batteries whereby I can just connect the amp directly to the wallplug or a USB charger.

Not a deal breaker but quite an annoyance for me. Might not be of a concern for most people.

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #68 of 70
Quote:
I had these Lithium ion batteries back then when I had the Stepdance. My concern was that the battery catch was very tight (I broke my fingernails a few times).

I would very much prefer those inbuilt batteries whereby I can just connect the amp directly to the wallplug or a USB charger.

Not a deal breaker but quite an annoyance for me. Might not be of a concern for most people.

Sure. Everyone has their own taste and needs in these things. Personally I really like always having a spare charged battery with me and two more sitting at home. It's care free.

Then again, my fingernails are so short that I can barely open a coke can. :)

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #69 of 70
Quote:

Sure. Everyone has their own taste and needs in these things. Personally I really like always having a spare charged battery with me and two more sitting at home. It's care free.

That's actually one of the reasons I settled on the 2StepDance as my portable amp.  I like being able to pop out the rechargeable and pop in a regular battery, as needed.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #70 of 70
A simpler way to reduce your workload - raise your prices.  Whatever the method, the goal is a worthy one: less work, more play.  We in Denmark are very good at that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back