The past and the future of Meier-Audio
Jun 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #46 of 70

Quote:
Hi guys,

"3 more weeks ? That isnt my definition of 'MID' June, Jan !"#

There have been some problems with the supply of a specific part. Remember the earthquake in Japan!

:)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Its now Jun 30 here in Oz, and it will be Jun 30 very soon in Europe and the US. How's the release date for the Stepdance2 coming ?

Thanks,

estreeter

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #48 of 70
Dear headfellows,

> How's the release date for the Stepdance2 coming ?

The amps are on their way from the manufacturer to my place. I all goes well they will be available by the middle of next week.

Cheers

Jan

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #50 of 70

Quote:
Dear headfellows,

> How's the release date for the Stepdance2 coming ?

The amps are on their way from the manufacturer to my place. I all goes well they will be available by the middle of next week.

Cheers

Jan

Sorry - middle of which week, Jan ?  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #53 of 70
Still waiting for mine :frowning2:

I've been sat on the stairs staring at my front door for days awaiting the ''knock''. Wife and kids kiss me on the way out the door to work and school and again when they arrive back home. I can only assume my personal hygene will get worse upon it's arrival, no shaving, no sleeping.....

Just kiddin' but I am looking forward to it's arrival. Anyone got theirs yet? Impressions?

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #54 of 70

Quote:
Still waiting for mine :frowning2:

I've been sat on the stairs staring at my front door for days awaiting the ''knock''. Wife and kids kiss me on the way out the door to work and school and again when they arrive back home. I can only assume my personal hygene will get worse upon it's arrival, no shaving, no sleeping.....

Just kiddin' but I am looking forward to it's arrival. Anyone got theirs yet? Impressions?

I think that you will be one of the first. I just updated the title of the Impressions thread to include the 2Stepdance. Once the first impressions are posted, I will link that location from the first post.

Of course, feel free to start a new thread. I figure that this is an evolutionary product (like Move > 2Move > 3Move) so a continuing thread might make sense.

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #58 of 70
Okay, after much studying of the graphic for the mysterious Corda Classic and comparing it to ther existing Meier products, I do think that I have figured it out. ...and I am excited by what I see.

The Classic will not have a DAC (as I wrongly speculated before). This is the next evolution of Meier's top-of-line headphone amplifiers (Opera, Symphony, Concerto...) We can assume the 64-step attenuator and active balanced ground.

What is new is that this also has a preamplifier function (!). The evidence of this is that the Crossfeed switch has the 'speaker mode' that widens the sound image with speakers. This was only ever offered before on the Stagedac which also had a preamp function but with an analogue pot. This time the preamp function is also using the high quality 64-step attenuator.

It also looks like the crossfeed has two levels of intensity, plus the tonal balance switch that can compensate for the attenuation that crossfeed causes below 2 khz.

If I am right, this is a truly versatile product. Huzzah!

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #59 of 70
Interesting speculations. I am considering if I should sell the Concerto now and save for the Classic? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back