The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #1,141 of 2,849
Very Nice! Glad you got those..Enjoy your new HTF600s. pituvision

@RPGWizard. I am gonna look for some foam material to cut out. So I can stuff them underneath the velour pads. See what happens will report back soon.

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #1,142 of 2,849
I'm really enjoying these now even without any EQing whatsoever, that would be a first for a headphone for me. :p

Dsnuts, just use a piece of papertowel for each cup like I did if you can't find anything else.

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #1,144 of 2,849
Well I don't know if it's so much of an improvement so it would be worth it, the problem is that midrange takes a step back for me so have to boost the midrange a bit instead on the EQ.

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #1,145 of 2,849

Quote:
Well I don't know if it's so much of an improvement so it would be worth it, the problem is that midrange takes a step back for me so have to boost the midrange a bit instead on the EQ.

I thought you liked the effect that the foam had in the pads. I accidentally  scratched the side of one of the cans.. Any of you ring wearers be careful. Any suggestions on how to cover that scratch? I was thinking red pinstripes on both sides.

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #1,147 of 2,849

Quote:

I covered all the vents with electric tape. About to test it.

I wasn't particularly fond of the sound when closing the vents. It had some initial characteristics that seemed pleasing, but it was overall not as good sounding. Lost a lot of air and openness, which these definitely need. They could probably use dampening or maybe some acoustic foam in there (assuming it's not too tall, since the driver gets pretty close to the back of the cup). Really cheap housing and cups. The drivers obviously have potential, though.

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #1,148 of 2,849
Do like me that kept only the bottom hole open, that gives you the best result in case you removed that foam.layer there already. Covering it all is not a good idea, leaving all holes uncovered isn't either.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #1,149 of 2,849

Quote:
  1. andkoppel
  2. badge_headfier.v1305918899.png
  4. offline
  1. 34 Posts. Joined 1/2004
  2. Location: Madrid - Spain

I would say if you guys want something a bit different, portable, bassy, closed.. I would go for the HFI-580 for Gelocks and andkoppel I think for you, the HFI-780 would be better..They have better balance than the HFI-580 defined highs and a bit wider stage as well. Nice detail for your music.  The only issue with both cans are the comfort level. They both clamp and don't let go but will become more comfy with use and stretching the band on top.. If you guys have never tried ultrasone cans. IMO everyone should have at least one ultrasone. Unique and I love S-logic. How about throwing some surround to your jazz.

@ andkoppel..You should try the velours on the HTF600s at some point.. You will be surprised how much of the highs come out to play..I don't feel the highs are lacking at all with the velours.

Thinking about HFI-580, HFI780, and Denon D2000... are all of these great Panny alternatives? (that don't leak and have
a bit more clarity/detail? --> remember this will also acompany my Shure 940s...)

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #1,150 of 2,849
I can verify that the Pearstone velour pads posted earlier work on the HTF600. Just put them on so I haven't developed an opinion about how the sound changes yet. 

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #1,152 of 2,849

Quote:
Could you post a picture of them? do they have holes underneath the velour side?, your imput would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures. There is no holes underneath the velour side. Also, note the backing present on the Pearstone pads that is not on the Beyer velours.

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #1,153 of 2,849
I know the velour pads are really hard to come by, these guys just got 20 pairs in stock, with 45 more due in a few weeks. The owner emailed me today as I told him to let me know when they get in!

http://www.pro-sound.com/BS/SBEYEP4.html

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #1,154 of 2,849

Quote:
I know the velour pads are really hard to come by, these guys just got 20 pairs in stock, with 45 more due in a few weeks. The owner emailed me today as I told him to let me know when they get in!

http://www.pro-sound.com/BS/SBEYEP4.html

LOL!! Shipping comes down to $46!!!! (for me! lol!)

As I say in Spanish... "ME QUITO!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back