The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 16, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #586 of 2,849
They sound smoother and smoother as time goes by.. Full loosening of the drivers. At least 24 to listen and about 40-50 for the end results... I have been using mine non stop since this thread so they have well over 150 hours or so of music played through them and I can tell you guys it just is so damn kick ass sounding to me.. I just got me a pair of D2000s..I should be listening to them but I am listening to these..

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #587 of 2,849

Quote:
Just braid the cord like oyster did > http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d9/d944d0ab_15102011523.jpeg (ask him how to do it, I've never done it myself)

But the XB500 would be quite nice during winter I can imagine, they kinda look like earmuffs too. xD

thanks for the help.  braiding the cord shouldn't be an issue. I just found out its semi-open so now leakage becomes a major issue.  I am probably gonna get the XB500 if I can get a good deal.

thanks for all the help.  I just may pick this up as well if I find a good deal for the XB-500.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #588 of 2,849

Quote:
thanks for the help.  braiding the cord shouldn't be an issue. I just found out its semi-open so now leakage becomes a major issue.  I am probably gonna get the XB500 if I can get a good deal.

thanks for all the help.  I just may pick this up as well if I find a good deal for the XB-500.

XB500 is also semi-open.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #592 of 2,849
[size=medium]Hello Head-fi community,[/size]

[size=medium]First of all thank you for this excellent thread (full of info)..[/size]

[size=medium]This is my first post ever (lifetime lurker) and I’m headphones noobie, so please do not be too hard on me…[/size]
[size=medium]I own two set of headphones AD700 (for PC gaming) and Koss KSC75 (perfect for jogging).  Both are great for their purpose.[/size]
[size=medium]However I do find AD700 a little lucking in the bass department, with some EQ is good but not perfect.   [/size]

[size=medium]My old el cheapo Panasonic cans RP-HT455 at work are falling apart and I need a replacement for them.
I use Sony MP3 player to listen mostly Techno/Dance music.   My budget is tight so I’m looking for something around $30-$40USD.
[/size]
[size=medium]I narrowed down my choices to Panasonic HTF600, JVC RX700 or AD M30 or M35… (all in the same price ballpark).  Although [/size]
[size=medium]XB500 is my dark horse (thanks to RPGWizard).  XB500 is available locally and I wouldn’t have to order them online. 
confused_face(1).gif
[/size]

[size=medium]From reading this thread I believe HTF600 would fit the bill nicely… However I wonder if the other mentioned cans would be better[/size]
[size=medium]Choice…. i.e. modified RX700 (felt removal + adding some Dynamat)?    [/size]

[size=medium]Basically I would like to get some nice cans to listen to dance/techno at work without disturbing my coworkers…  [/size]

[size=medium]BTW… if anyone knows somebody selling cheap/used good set of cans please direct me at them.[/size]

[size=medium]Please advice and thank you in advance…  
smile.gif
[/size]

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #593 of 2,849

Quote:
[size=medium]Hello Head-fi community,[/size]
[size=medium]First of all thank you for this excellent thread (full of info)..[/size]

[size=medium]This is my first post ever (lifetime lurker) and I’m headphones noobie, so please do not be too hard on me…[/size]
[size=medium]I own two set of headphones AD700 (for PC gaming) and Koss KSC75 (perfect for jogging).  Both are great for their purpose.[/size]
[size=medium]However I do find AD700 a little lucking in the bass department, with some EQ is good but not perfect.   [/size]

[size=medium]My old el cheapo Panasonic cans RP-HT455 at work are falling apart and I need a replacement for them.I use Sony MP3 player to listen mostly Techno/Dance music.   My budget is tight so I’m looking for something around $30-$40USD.[/size]
[size=medium]I narrowed down my choices to Panasonic HTF600, JVC RX700 or AD M30 or M35… (all in the same price ballpark).  Although [/size]
[size=medium]XB500 is my dark horse (thanks to RPGWizard).  XB500 is available locally and I wouldn’t have to order them online. 
confused_face(1).gif
[/size]

[size=medium]From reading this thread I believe HTF600 would fit the bill nicely… However I wonder if the other mentioned cans would be better[/size]
[size=medium]Choice…. i.e. modified RX700 (felt removal + adding some Dynamat)?    [/size]

[size=medium]Basically I would like to get some nice cans to listen to dance/techno at work without disturbing my coworkers…  [/size]

[size=medium]BTW… if anyone knows somebody selling cheap/used good set of cans please direct me at them.[/size]

[size=medium]Please advice and thank you in advance…  
smile.gif
[/size]

Well for music these Panasonics will enlighten you.. For the money spent you will hear sound quality that is very hard to achieve, if not impossible.. So in that regard there is no reason not to get one.. They also game very well. . While they don't have the big wide sound stage of the AD700s , Once you adjust to having the big bass ques in game you are not going to miss playing using your AD700..The opposite you will look at your HTF600 and say to yourself.. "Now there is the BASS!"

Simple.. Spend the $30 and hurry up and get a HTF600...The value of what you get for your hard earned cash.. There is simply nothing that touches them.  Forget used, forget getting anything else..  You are simply going to get  a TOP can for your money...

The only thing I would consider as a future add on to your HTF600 would be the velours.. You want similar pillow like qualities to your Ad700 comfort wise the velours will do this while giving you better highs on the phone.  100% recommended for you my friend.  Get one and let us know how you like them. You came to the right thread.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #594 of 2,849
Thank you very much for  a prompt reply....
wink_face.gif

[size=medium]Wow... are you a car sales man or something? LOL [/size]

[size=medium]I just ordered 2 sets to save on shipping to Canada.  If they perform well in the gaming department I might sell off my AD700s.[/size]

[size=medium]I’ll post my mini-review once I get them (I cannot wait)… [/size]

Quote:
Well for music these Panasonics will enlighten you.. For the money spent you will hear sound quality that is very hard to achieve, if not impossible.. So in that regard there is no reason not to get one.. They also game very well. . While they don't have the big wide sound stage of the AD700s , Once you adjust to having the big bass ques in game you are not going to miss playing using your AD700..The opposite you will look at your HTF600 and say to yourself.. "Now there is the BASS!"

Simple.. Spend the $30 and hurry up and get a HTF600...The value of what you get for your hard earned cash.. There is simply nothing that touches them.  Forget used, forget getting anything else..  You are simply going to get  a TOP can for your money...

The only thing I would consider as a future add on to your HTF600 would be the velours.. You want similar pillow like qualities to your Ad700 comfort wise the velours will do this while giving you better highs on the phone.  100% recommended for you my friend.  Get one and let us know how you like them. You came to the right thread.

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #595 of 2,849

Quote:
Thank you very much for  a prompt reply....
wink_face.gif

[size=medium]Wow... are you a car sales man or something? LOL [/size]

[size=medium]I just ordered 2 sets to save on shipping to Canada.  If they perform well in the gaming department I might sell off my AD700s.[/size]

[size=medium]I’ll post my mini-review once I get them (I cannot wait)… [/size]

YOU got 2? No worries man..One thing you will realize once you get these.. You will notice how Bass light the AD700s are.. If there is such a thing as an anemic bass light can those are the very definition of this..To me music is not proper unless you got all 3 regions at full bore.. Too much highs and you get fatigued and not much fun to listen to music with.. Too much mids and you will wonder where the clarity in the tune is at or the bass.  Too much bass and you will get that trunk of cheap rattling funk happening where you can't hear the tune the way it was intended to be heard..  You get the HTF600 you will hear everything. Full smooth and clear.. Going from the bass anemic AD700 to the HTF600.. Completely different sound actually..If you have been just listening to music on your AD700.. I think perhaps you will be more impressed with the HTF600 than most just a haunch. Let us know how you like them..

If you like gaming on your AD700s They do give a nice spacial feel in games so they will be good to get back to that spacy sound in games I suppose on certain games.. But once you hear the BASS in the games. You might never go back to the AD700s..We are talking THX blast in your head theater gaming.!! Get yourself these
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Velour-Earcushions-MDR7506-Headphones/dp/B0016MF7W2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318870212&sr=1-1 ..for long gaming sessions and a slight improvement in the sound.. While these are not a 100% requirement. Personally I don't know if I ever will want to go back to the stock pads.  Something to think about in the future.

One last thing can you post a link from where you bought them from to help out our friends from Canada that are having a hard time purchasing them.?

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #596 of 2,849

Quote:

._. now that you've mentioned it... *sigh* I'm saving up for a 940. $30 USD is gonna break my Black Friday plans.

Hey if RPGwizard found them. You can find them..I know you are a fellow bass head.. Find them, get them, That's an order!!It will be the guys that have a bias toward the lower end of the spectrum that will appreciate these the most... Hey if RPGWizard is sold on these. What more can I say. Help spread the word once you get them. These will add nicely to your collection. Plus,.Common man you don't borrow a $30 phone.?? Just get one.

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #597 of 2,849
thanks for a prompt reply...  I haven't used AD700 to listen to music at all (pure gaming only).

I'm sure they will an upgrade over my falling apart HT455 Panasonics at work. 

I ordered them from Amazon.com ([size=xx-small]Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc)[/size], the shipping was the worst $22 for 2 or $15 for 1 pair to Canada.  With shipping, taxes and all fun stuff it was $94.26USD.   I'm not sure about additional duty charges, brokerage fees...etc.. I'll report once I get them.    However the vendour who is selling pads do not ship to Canada, so I will have to live with the stock pads.   

Is 40hours the period to burn them in?   I belive you said they seem to sound better and better with time.

Quote:
YOU got 2? No worries man..One thing you will realize once you get these.. You will notice how Bass light the AD700s are.. If there is such a thing as an anemic bass light can those are the very definition of this..To me music is not proper unless you got all 2 regions at full bore.. Too much highs and you get fatigued and not much fun to listen to music with.. Too much mids and you will wonder where the clarity in the tune is at or the bass.  Too much bass and you will get that trunk of cheap rattling funk happening where you can't hear the tune the way it was intended to be heard..  You get the HTF600 you will hear everything. Full smooth and clear.. Going from the bass anemic AD700 to the HTF600.. Completely different sound actually..If you have been just listening to music on your AD700.. I think perhaps you will be more impressed with the HTF600 than most just a haunch. Let us know how you like them..

If you like gaming on your AD700s They do give a nice spacial feel in games so they will be good to get back to that spacy sound in games I suppose on certain games.. But once you hear the BASS in the games. You might never go back to the AD700s..We are talking THX blast in your head theater gaming.!! Get yourself these
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Velour-Earcushions-MDR7506-Headphones/dp/B0016MF7W2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318870212&sr=1-1 ..for long gaming sessions and a slight improvement in the sound.. While these are not a 100% requirement. Personally I don't know if I ever will want to go back to the stock pads.  Something to think about in the future.

One last thing can you post a link from where you bought them from to help out our friends from Canada that are having a hard time purchasing them.?

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #598 of 2,849
I have to say I am very satisfied customer as I start using since Saturday, honestly I like the way it sound out of the box and I think it get little smoother(the way I like) since I flew out with me to Bangkok, I'll be using more on my way to back states. It is very fun headphone indeed and I like it better with velour pads than stock one, my wife likes it too, it is a must have headphone for me and I'll buy another one with velour pads when I'm get home next week.

Nothing can beat it for the price and sound that produce, most of the headphones I've heard and had around $200 + can't even compare with HTF600 at least for me, I would gladly pay more for it sound but they must have better cable and plugs though.,

Thank you very much to Dsnuts and MalVeauX for great reviews ( great find Dsnuts btw ) this is one of my favorite headphone now and I really appreciate the way it sound, personally
I want to award Panasonic RP-HTF600 as 2011 Headphone of the year for the Price I paid and sound quality that I got.

Thanks agin,

Steve
Happy HTF600 owner.

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #599 of 2,849
Well they don't sound like out of box but lets just say the full characteristics won't come out until at least a full 24 hours burn in. They go from sounding like your average stereo phone to something that is special once it is done. .The extra 20 hours are to get that extra 1% to 3% that isn't fully loose on them..I would consider this burn a very minor one.. Ultrasone cans need like 200 hours. .My Samsons SR850 has gone through 100 hours and they still need a bit more burn in....

Is it a necessity to burn these? Absolutely. They change for the better in every way with more burn/use... The energy and engagement my pair gives out is astonishing. I am still very much crazy over the sounds these make.. I am listening to A state of Trance.. Armin Van Buren from these now..

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #600 of 2,849

Quote:
I have to say I am very satisfied customer as I start using since Saturday, honestly I like the way it sound out of the box and I think it get little smoother(the way I like) since I flew out with me to Bangkok, I'll be using more on my way to back states. It is very fun headphone indeed and I like it better with velour pads than stock one, my wife likes it too, it is a must have headphone for me and I'll buy another one with velour pads when I'm get home next week.

Nothing can beat it for the price and sound that produce, most of the headphones I've heard and had around $200 + can't even compare with HTF600 at least for me, I would gladly pay more for it sound but they must have better cable and plugs though.,

Thank you very much to Dsnuts and MalVeauX for great reviews ( great find Dsnuts btw ) this is one of my favorite headphone now and I really appreciate the way it sound, personally
I want to award Panasonic RP-HTF600 as 2011 Headphone of the year for the Price I paid and sound quality that I got.

Thanks agin,

Steve
Happy HTF600 owner.

Oh wow another satisfied owner..You can clearly see why we are nuts about these..For the guys that are curious about these don't take my word on these take it from Tharbamar and others that just got them..These aren't your average budget cans that just sound good guys. These are what you want to hear your music with and how you want to feel your music with.. There is just NO way a phone this good can be bestowed to the consumer at this price. Just no way.. But it has..They sound extra nice with the velours no? They give an added shimmer to the highs. Love it. Welcome to the HTF600 club. I stated before and I will say it again. I honestly think they start to sound even more smoother as you are using them. They just get better and better.

As for the better plugs and chords..We are very much the first group of people that have discovered these. I am certain with some time.. Better cables/ plugs/ mods/ Wood cups.. Who knows. However for now..Enjoy and blast them tunes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back