The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #512 of 2,849

Quote:
I have been listening to them on and off since I got them, I really like them but I have to return them.  My seem to be defective, several times when adjusting the ear pieces the sound would cut out only to work again when I pressed on it.  The headphones do fit my ears better than my Beyerydynamic dt770's though, they didn't seal all the way

That sucks. Sorry to hear you got a bad one. You get yours from amazon?  I am sure they will replace. There seems to be a steady supply of them. I have seen Amazon sell out only for a 3rd party vendor to carry them at about the same price. I have seen some cost spikes but for the most part they seem to be holding steady around the $30-$35. Once we get around the Holidays I hope the price stays the same.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #514 of 2,849
Quote:
Glad you like them. You try the velours with these? It peels back a layer of the highs and the highs seem to be more forward adding to the base sounds on the HTF600..Not to mention the comfort level is tops.. I hope Panasonic makes a higher end like these. I would be all over that.

Man Dsnuts, you have really fell in love with these cans LOL!  I remember when you first gave me advice about the best gaming cans being the Samson SR850s.  Looks like the HTF600s have taken over the number one spot for you.  Does your Samsons get any gaming time anymore?

I've got to say that these are by far one of the best values I've ever purchased when it comes to anything electronic.  They have completely taken over my musical listening.  I'm currently going back and forth between these and the SR850s for gaming, I can't decide which I prefer.  To be honest, I think subconciously I want to like the SR850s better just so I'd have use for them LOL.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #515 of 2,849
I noticed links don't work on the reviews on Amazon. Your just better off telling people to head here for more info. I have been lucky with the 2 I bought and knock on the virtual WOOD of my future transplant, I hope my 3rd will be good.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #516 of 2,849

Quote:
Is burn in a real confirmed fact or is it debatable?

I believe it is debatable.  Some believe it, some don't.  Don't know all the technicalities of it, but it makes sense that the drivers loosening up over time will change the sound signature especially in the beginning.  And from personal experience and confidence in my hearing ability, leads me to believe burn-in is real.  I don't notice burn-in making a change in all speakers and headphones though, some i don't notice any difference at all.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #517 of 2,849

Quote:
Quote:
Man Dsnuts, you have really fell in love with these cans LOL!  I remember when you first gave me advice about the best gaming cans being the Samson SR850s.  Looks like the HTF600s have taken over the number one spot for you.  Does your Samsons get any gaming time anymore?

I've got to say that these are by far one of the best values I've ever purchased when it comes to anything electronic.  They have completely taken over my musical listening.  I'm currently going back and forth between these and the SR850s for gaming, I can't decide which I prefer.  To be honest, I think subconciously I want to like the SR850s better just so I'd have use for them LOL.

Ya but you own both. There is no one holding a gun to you head and saying. You better choose or else.! Hahaha..For single player stuff I like the HTF600s its great because the comfort level is like pillows. The Samson is great and I still deem them best gaming cans but they don't touch the comfort level for me.. IF the HTF600 sounded weird in game I wouldn't think twice to just use the Samsons but for me with the velours the sounds are exceptional for gaming. 

Once BF3 comes out I am probably going to go back to my Samsons but then again I don't have to..Gaming on the HTF600 is not lacking in anything. The only other headphone I have been listening to on my stable is my newly acquired D2000s. .Lovely cans by the way. . Thanks to Malveaux.  But beyond that I am all HTF600 all the time. They are almost permanently attached to my head at my business. Lol!!

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #518 of 2,849
ANTOnline just shipped mine. Guess that order isn't getting cancelled and I paid $5.60 more than I should have, all because I got impatient and didn't wait just one more day for everyone to suddenly mention cheaper sources and Amazon to suddenly stock back up. I guess my prediction of the Head-Fi effect (headphones suddenly going UP in price once people catch on to particular models, albeit mostly vintage/discontinued ones) was quite off. "Sorry about your wallet" indeed...

And now, the waiting...I'm already itching to put all that hype to the test, but it'll have to wait until Wednesday. (The wait wouldn't be so bad if they'd just ship over the weekends...)

If all works out well, I might try out Dsnuts' experiment on everyone I can, with a little twist: if they think I'm kidding about the price being so low, I'll offer to sell it to them for that much. Will anyone take that offer on the spot?

(And as for the SR850s allegedly being the best gaming cans...I'll have to get to those later, after I'm done testing the HTF600s. I have my doubts that they're the very best performance-wise, but for $40-50, they probably excel enough to the point where most people have no reason to spend more.)

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #519 of 2,849

Quote:
I believe it is debatable.  Some believe it, some don't.  Don't know all the technicalities of it, but it makes sense that the drivers loosening up over time will change the sound signature especially in the beginning.  And from personal experience and confidence in my hearing ability, leads me to believe burn-in is real.  I don't notice burn-in making a change in all speakers and headphones though, some i don't notice any difference at all.

Burn in for some headphones are pointless. Burn in for these Panasonics are for real. When I got my 2nd one I did a head to head against my burned in one and let me tell you.. The bass is actually shy when you first hear them. You can tell they are the same signature but the bass is no where near full as they get once burn in takes place.. I also own earphones. The JVC HAFXC51.. They sound like garbage out of the box but once burned in for 80-100 hours they sound Amazing.. Difference is night and day.. So a basic rule of thumb for all my cans is they get a nice minimum 40 hours of burn before I take a good listen.  If anything you have nothing to loose from doing this. Some cans change for the better, some cans stay the same.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #520 of 2,849
In regards to burn in. My JVCs Rx700s sounded kinda crappy out of the box. I was wondering what all the hype was about. After about 20hrs of burn in, now I know what the fuss is about. Both my Koss headphones did not benefit from burn in but only the mods mentioned on headfi helped them significantly.  So burn-in as DSNUTS mentioned and on my experience is for real but for only certain phones.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #521 of 2,849

Quote:
Is burn in a real confirmed fact or is it debatable?

Absolutely %1000 confirmed.

But it's not much....50 hours on mine and they started blooming nicely.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #522 of 2,849

Quote:
In regards to burn in. My JVCs Rx700s sounded kinda crappy out of the box. I was wondering what all the hype was about. After about 20hrs of burn in, now I know what the fuss is about. Both my Koss headphones did not benefit from burn in but only the mods mentioned on headfi helped them significantly.  So burn-in as DSNUTS mentioned and on my experience is for real but for only certain phones.

I let my HARX700's cook for 60 to 70 hours and they really started to settle in around the 90 hour mark.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #523 of 2,849

Quote:
I let my HARX700's cook for 60 to 70 hours and they really started to settle in around the 90 hour mark.

Yes they do get better and better the longer they are used. Unreal sound for such little coin.
biggrin.gif
 . I ordered my panny's today and hoping for an ever better experience. Now I will have 4 pairs of headphones ( i dont include all my crappy earbuds). How much is too much ?  I am thinking  there are many head fiers that probably have a dozen or more pairs.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #524 of 2,849
I got mine. Not sure what happened, it had unbalanced sound -- right can was much louder. I confirmed it by plugging it into several devices. I had thought I got a defective one. But to be surprised, it sounded normal after a few minutes. I'm letting it burn in and will check it again tomorrow.
Regarding to performance, it's amazing! I could not tell much difference between this one and my Shure SCL4. It would need an amplifier to drive. My Ipod Nano was just not able to handle it.

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #525 of 2,849

Quote:
ANTOnline just shipped mine. Guess that order isn't getting cancelled and I paid $5.60 more than I should have, all because I got impatient and didn't wait just one more day for everyone to suddenly mention cheaper sources and Amazon to suddenly stock back up. I guess my prediction of the Head-Fi effect (headphones suddenly going UP in price once people catch on to particular models, albeit mostly vintage/discontinued ones) was quite off. "Sorry about your wallet" indeed...

And now, the waiting...I'm already itching to put all that hype to the test, but it'll have to wait until Wednesday. (The wait wouldn't be so bad if they'd just ship over the weekends...)

If all works out well, I might try out Dsnuts' experiment on everyone I can, with a little twist: if they think I'm kidding about the price being so low, I'll offer to sell it to them for that much. Will anyone take that offer on the spot?

(And as for the SR850s allegedly being the best gaming cans...I'll have to get to those later, after I'm done testing the HTF600s. I have my doubts that they're the very best performance-wise, but for $40-50, they probably excel enough to the point where most people have no reason to spend more.)

I can tell you from gaming with them for over 2K hours on BC2. The Samson SR850 using an XF-I card is awesome.. The soundstage nice n wide with a clean flat sound in games with the fact that it has Bass which the Ad700 don't I love gaming using my Samsons, another budget great but.. The HTF600s aren't weak at gaming at all.. In fact it surprised me just how good they are using the velour pads. They sound like an open phone for gaming It is a weird effect. But there seems to be extra air in the sounds when gaming. Directional sounds are very precise and explosions are mind numbing. Gives you a theatre sound for games. Love it. Then you can throw on your favorite Trance and Hip hop.. And just enjoy the music.. Has anyone tried listening to Jazz on these.. Just awesome for everything really. Movies as well... There is a reason why I am getting my 3rd.. Mod time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back