The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #496 of 2,849
http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpno~8331883~pdp.gdfieef

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #497 of 2,849

Quote:
Please elaborate. Do you mean unhealthy to listen to or a sign of bad bass reproduction? 

No no, I meant as in that it just shouldn't be mistaken for the REAL/clean bass frequency that you're testing just cuz you're hearing 'something'. Those noises should just be discluded. I hear additional stuff when I check out the 15Hz tone and it's even louder than the frequency itself, I really BARELY heard that 15Hz when focusing but the additional noise which is of higher frequency I heard that sounds a bit like noise from a car engine was even a bit louder in comparision at that point. At 16Hz the clean 16Hz sinewave stood more clearly out for me so 15Hz is really pushing it for my ears hearing ability in my case and 14Hz is dead silent except for the "extra noise" which seems to continue all the way down to 12Hz on these HTF600 for me after a quick test before it goes completely silent. The extra noise you may hear may not have to do with the headphones themselves, it could be software or it could be physics nature how sound works etc but yea just bare in mind the limit goes where you actually hear the clean linear single-toned frequency.

The only thing I would NOT recommend is pushing the volume up too high, that could do damage to the drivers. I'd only test with a higher frequency say 100Hz and set the volume to a comfortable level and stick it at that.

EDIT: Just gave it a quick try and I can also hear down to 15~16Hz on the HTF600 but I've used quite a bit EQing at the low frequencies + ZO amp which also helps at the very low frequencies to make up for the slight roll-off that starts at the very low frequencies.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #498 of 2,849

Quote:
http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpno~8331883~pdp.gdfieef

I tried ordering the HTF600-S from them today.
They said they could not ship out any earlier then Monday.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #499 of 2,849

Quote:
So I've let these burn in for about 35 hours now and they sound so much better especially when bass is concerned. I sold my DT880's to buy the Denon D2000's, but after reading this thread I decided to try the Panasonic's and I am perfectly happy with the sound of the Panasonic's. My wallet is even happier! Thinking of just buying a 2nd pair for the velour pads. Again thanks to to everyone for this awesome recommendation.

I think in these slow economic times it is good to get some real value that everyone can afford..

I can highly recommend the D2000 to you.. Get one sometime for a very nice upgrade to the HTF600..For now however..Blast them tunes!!

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #502 of 2,849

Quote:
I took out my SRH440 the other day and started to yawn.

I received these Panasonic headphones on Wednesday. They are actually not bad. A bit bright and bassy at first then they get more warm sounding. They have a musical sound, where you don't get any hi-fi thrills but you don't feel like you are being gypped out of anything. I do note a bit of a forwardness in the midrange which gives a bit of a boxy, honky resonance. Also, the top end lacks air and sparkle and no real low bass. But these are in absolute terms and for $30, these are a steal.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #503 of 2,849

Quote:
I received these Panasonic headphones on Wednesday. They are actually not bad. A bit bright and bassy at first then they get more warm sounding. They have a musical sound, where you don't get any hi-fi thrills but you don't feel like you are being gypped out of anything. I do note a bit of a forwardness in the midrange which gives a bit of a boxy, honky resonance. Also, the top end lacks air and sparkle and no real low bass. But these are in absolute terms and for $30, these are a steal.

Glad you like them. You try the velours with these? It peels back a layer of the highs and the highs seem to be more forward adding to the base sounds on the HTF600..Not to mention the comfort level is tops.. I hope Panasonic makes a higher end like these. I would be all over that.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #504 of 2,849

Quote:
I ordered these after my beyerdynamic DT770 80 s tore up and just got them.  I just opened them up and am listening to O.A.R.'s King and it sounds very good.  When I first put them on something wasn't right and I pressed in on both the cups and the sound is normal now, not sure what that is all about.  Anyway, I am not an audiophile and these are more than good enough for me and i am not missing my Beyers

If you press in the cups and do it right so that there is suction building up on the inside and then let go, it affects the drivers...did you hear a pop by any chance?  If you press them again it goes back to full volume.  Might have been what you described.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #505 of 2,849
Oh yay! My order has shipped from ANTOnline, guess they didn't have to back order mine after all.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #506 of 2,849

Quote:
Quote:
If you press in the cups and do it right so that there is suction building up on the inside and then let go, it affects the drivers...did you hear a pop by any chance?  If you press them again it goes back to full volume.  Might have been what you described.

I don't know about you guys but I will just take your words for it. I don't want to try that. Lol..

Quote:
Oh yay! My order has shipped from ANTOnline, guess they didn't have to back order mine after all.

Everyone try this.. Let your close friend or family member listen to a good track on your Panasonic HTF600s and have them guess how much.  Post their remarks here... Everyone try this.. Your most impressive track. Just floor them and then have them guess. I am curious to know how your unknowing populous will react to the sounds and what value they will spit out.!!

Laugh when you tell them how much they were..People will be like.. "What you smoking!!??

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #507 of 2,849

Quote:
Glad you like them. You try the velours with these? It peels back a layer of the highs and the highs seem to be more forward adding to the base sounds on the HTF600..Not to mention the comfort level is tops.. I hope Panasonic makes a higher end like these. I would be all over that.

For $30, one could buy a couple of them and do mods, like turn one into an open-back or just purge the drivers and put them in a ATH-AD700 for example.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #508 of 2,849

Quote:
For $30, one could buy a couple of them and do mods, like turn one into an open-back or just purge the drivers and put them in a ATH-AD700 for example.

Oh yea. I have one coming to me so I can try RPGs mod..I have been thinking about a fully woddied HTF600? These have huge potential in my book.

Just added the RPGmod to the thread..

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #509 of 2,849
I have been listening to them on and off since I got them, I really like them but I have to return them.  My seem to be defective, several times when adjusting the ear pieces the sound would cut out only to work again when I pressed on it.  The headphones do fit my ears better than my Beyerydynamic dt770's though, they didn't seal all the way

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #510 of 2,849
Glad to see this thread still trucking along with more people on the panny 600 train.  IMO, burn in a must with these to fully judge.  Bass cleans up a lot.  Velours, a must, oh so comfy.  Battlefield 3 beta was just awesome with these headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back