The PA2V2 Thread
Sep 5, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #736 of 752
My PA2V2 is sitting in my draw at work and I probably haven't used it in a couple of years. I liked it when I had it but for some reason stopped using it. I now have two Fiio amps (E7 and Q1) and use those all the time. Maybe I can pass my PA2V2 onto someone who is new to headphone amplification and will appreciate it.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #737 of 752
I recently ordered the PA2V2;

I had have a Fiio E5 long ago. I think that only can give out a louder sound and stop using that after only few days.
After seeing so many good reviews and ordered this last week.
it takes only 7 calendar days and reach me; thanks Gary for his good and quick service and delivery;

I am not experience to describe sound, but that really push most of my headphone/IEM a level or at least half level up.
I think the "density" of the sound is better, more refine and push up the mid bass. The stage also widen a bit;
The most obvious is the Fischer Audio; I think I will bring it along with me after sitting in the drawer for couple years

Source is Fiio X3 phone out with WAV file, (line out always problem,. only woooooooo. anybody know what went wrong? anyway, phone out is good enough, so who really care!)
I try IEM of RHA m750; FXT90, IM70
Headphone I tried Creative Live I, V moda M80, superlex 668B, AKG 518, Fischer Audio FA004 (correct model?), JVC HA S500

I will see which combo looks best and send a picture for Garys record later.

Enjoy.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #738 of 752
anyone heard from Gary lately? I've not sure if it's the amp or what, but usually when I adjust the volume knob in the 10-50% range the balance on my headphones shift mainly to the right side. I can get them balanced with a little fiddling around of the volume knob itself, but other than that the amp has been great. is this balance normal or is there something wrong with mine? or maybe something wrong with the gain?

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #739 of 752
It's been said before but let me say it again:

Gary ROCKS at customer service!!!

:gs1000smile:

I lost the charging cord for my PA2V2 and didn't know where to find a replacement, so I emailed Gary and he's sending me one for free!  Three years after I bought the thing!  And I didn't even need to pretend my dog ate it!

In fact, I don't even have a dog...

My problem is that I lost my pa2v2 amp. I suppose he might send me the amp again? :p

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #740 of 752
anyone heard from Gary lately? I've not sure if it's the amp or what, but usually when I adjust the volume knob in the 10-50% range the balance on my headphones shift mainly to the right side. I can get them balanced with a little fiddling around of the volume knob itself, but other than that the amp has been great. is this balance normal or is there something wrong with mine? or maybe something wrong with the gain?

A little bit of WD40 and a 20 times turning the knob from Zero to Max should solve this type of problems.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #741 of 752
My problem is that I lost my pa2v2 amp. I suppose he might send me the amp again?
tongue.gif

My first reaction is to LOL, but part of me says we shouldn't put this past him... why don't you write him an email and see what he can do?

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #742 of 752
 My first reaction is to LOL, but part of me says we shouldn't put this past him... why don't you write him an email and see what he can do?

:)
I won't be sending him any emails.
This hobby makes you buy more.and more.things so I have number of.amps.that I no longer use.
Losing my pa2v2 is unfortunate but I won't be using it anyway.
I use dap.and it is loud enough.
If I use pa2v2 with mobile phone then.there.are too many interferences.
I tried using aluminium foil inside the casing to shield it but didn't make much difference.
If I need an amp I will use Fiio E18(also collecting dust).
for fun I connect my phone to hdmi extender which has otg usb connector.
Connect power bank and Centrance dacport slim.
This makes.a.portable music.station. :wink:
I used pa2v2 for a while due to curiousity but the shielding and form factor made me forget about it.
Only thing I really miss even.now is the battery life.
I was able to use it for more than 100 hours so nothing beats it.

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #744 of 752
Arrived yesterday and all is good.  No hiss, noise, crackles, or distortion.  The Galaxy S7 using Neutron MP into PA2V2 with 770s is a winner. Just like my Cubbies.  And I didn't have to wait for 108 years for the PA2V2. 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #745 of 752
What do y'all think is the best is the best place to sell two pa2v2's? They've just been collecting dust. Don't know anybody personally right now looking to get j to headphone amps. This is a definitely a good amp for a person jumping into the headphone world and get a taste of what is out there. I'd rather not use eBay so any other ideas?

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #746 of 752
I'm interested in buying one if you still have it available, provided there are no known issues. I am brand new to headphone amps, just got the ATH-M50x cans.

What do y'all think is the best is the best place to sell two pa2v2's? They've just been collecting dust. Don't know anybody personally right now looking to get j to headphone amps. This is a definitely a good amp for a person jumping into the headphone world and get a taste of what is out there. I'd rather not use eBay so any other ideas?

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #747 of 752
Any ideas for a replacement charge cable?

May 4, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #749 of 752
Hey guys,

I decided to email Gary a couple of days ago just to let him know that my unit is still working great after 6 years... I sent the e-mail and immediately received an automatic reply, written by him, telling that he got an unexpected medical issue and will be away for some months... Months! That makes me worry a bit... I don't know if here is the best place to ask, but if someone here knows Gary personally, I'd like some update on his health state... He has proved to all to be a hard working guy with a great love for his creation... I hope he gets better soon!

May 4, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #750 of 752
whoa, that's sad news... I had contacted him back in 2016, but never heard from him or an automatic response for that matter. I figured he was extremely busy... hope he's okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back