The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Jan 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #31 of 2,611
Great thread idea @monsterzero

It would be awesome if we periodically place all the bands in a simple table and pin it to the front of the thread. Not volunteering necessarily though, lol.

I get lost when threads get big. I want to try all the bands recommended but it gets crazy after a while. A database of sorts would be wicked.  

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #32 of 2,611

Stribog
Croatia

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #33 of 2,611
Where do you know all these bands from lol. I thought I knew a little about European metal but I know nothing :sweat_smile::confused:

Edit. Without Tidal this would be a problem :sweat_smile:

I dont have Tidal...i just try to find good obscure stuff that suits my tastes
L3000.gif

I tried getting others to discuss non-extreme metal in the other thread and I failed,so this the new home for others that like metal that isnt blastbeat/deathgrowls all the time.

Great thread idea @monsterzero

It would be awesome if we periodically place all the bands in a simple table and pin it to the front of the thread. Not volunteering necessarily though, lol.

I get lost when threads get big. I want to try all the bands recommended but it gets crazy after a while. A database of sorts would be wicked.  

It would be easier to try and find bands if they were categorized and put into a specific genre but as we all now metal has so many sub-genres that doing so would be darn near impossible.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #34 of 2,611

Hammer King
Germany

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #36 of 2,611
  Here's an In Flames song you might not have heard 

It's a mix of them and a Brit D&B band: Pendulum, who are the only drum and bass band I've ever really stuck with because they are so good.

This is probably illegal on metal threads altogether but this one is for @akg fanboy in case you like it bro. Give it a hard listen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZGJrYPMkNI

vicious guitars!

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #38 of 2,611
  Here's an In Flames song you might not have heard 

It's a mix of them and a Brit D&B band: Pendulum, who are the only drum and bass band I've ever really stuck with because they are so good.

This is probably illegal on metal threads altogether but this one is for @akg fanboy in case you like it bro. Give it a hard listen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZGJrYPMkNI

cool, not sure if I hear a massive amount of clipping from the remix or if there is electronic bits that I'm mistaking for clipping, or maybe the electric guitar is used in a style in which electronic music is usually used so I'm kind of just confused as to which one it is lol. My favorite in flames album is whoracle, and colony is a close second. Personally I think in flames starts to change with clayman and the newer ones after that. I don't think the song should be illegal in metal threads or anything

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #39 of 2,611
  Yeah, it is an indulgence of mine.

Soz man. I know it's not up your street but I wouldn't be able to put it on another thread here.

I aim to introduce you to something you like that you haven't heard, 
confused_face(1).gif

Thats the whole point of this thread man!

Sharing metal that we like without an elitist backlash
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #40 of 2,611

Primal Fear
Germany

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #41 of 2,611

Warning Sign
Canada

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #42 of 2,611

Primal Fear
Germany

Cool intro riffs in Bullets & TearsRulebreaker, and Constant heart. Even though I don't like power metal these dudes have some great guitar. Their vocals are pretty unique though so they don't sound like full on power metal

I actually like his vocals in the end is near, sounds awesome there

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #43 of 2,611
Great old school stuff from NJ...Singer sound familiar?

Its Mark Tornillo,current frontman of Accept

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #44 of 2,611
Chunky riff goodness

Crimson Fire
Greece

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #45 of 2,611

Cobra
Peru

Users who are viewing this thread

Back