The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!

Discussion in 'Music' started by monsterzero, Jan 8, 2017.
First

Back
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Next

Last
  1. swspiers
    Man, I would just love it if they would make an album of Zeppelin covers. Maybe even remake ZoSo as a tribute. Maaaannnn....

I myself started out with Alastor, worked on from there :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Fastnbulbous
    I can't believe this came out 17 days ago and I didn't know. I loved their first album, and am stoked for this. After plowing through a couple hundred albums this past week that were on year-end lists, this is a nice palate cleanser.

3. Fastnbulbous
    That's awesome. Were you there?? I started getting into the new Unleash the Archers album a couple weeks ago. Another friend says he's into them "To the point where if they sounded a call to arms I would have no choice but to take up arms with my Soulstorm and head into battle to fight whatever foe offended them, even if it meant dying for a cause I didn't care about. I must obey!"

Another female-lead band, Night Viper is quite fun, snaking in between thrash and classic rock (Thrassic Rock?).

4. monsterzero
    Nah.That was filmed somewhere in Europe(UK?) at the end of their recent tour.I follow a handful of up-and-coming bands on FB and UtA posted this on their feed.

5. bassboysam
    Black Sabbath S/T
    Marantz 1060
    Grado RS1 Classic

hitting the spot right now.

6. swspiers
    Very much in the opposite direction tonight. Ayreon: The Final Experiment, with my Alpha Primes. Still hits the right spot. I'm feeling downright...proggy...lately

bassboysam likes this.
  7. swspiers
    Oh yeah. I ordered one of the Nacarat posters a few days ago. Very psyched!

8. bassboysam

got them from the print shop today. they look great! will get them signed and shipped soon.

9. monsterzero
    Youre plugging the Grados into the HP jack of the Marantz? How is that combo?Typically low ohm/high sensitivity headphones from vintage gear gets all bloated in the bass....

10. Fastnbulbous
    Two good releases schedule for tomorrow, but are available now, both from Finland, both on Svart label:

11. bassboysam

yeah i used the hp jack. did not notice any bloating in the bass.

12. Fastnbulbous
    Elder, who deserve all the attention they get and more, today reissued remastered versions of their first two albums. A good time to do that when interest in them is at an all-time high.

Elder (2008)

Dead Roots Stirring (2011)

13. swspiers
    Ha! Bloated bass would probably be welcomed on the RS-1's...

14. monsterzero
    LOL,I actually like the bass response of Grados,its the comfort,or lack thereof when my upper earlobes get pinned to my skull that keep me from getting a high end pair.

I know with my ATH AD2000 ,which has a similar fast(lightning)guitar forward sound as the Grados,when plugged into vintage gear bass becomes visceral at the cost of speed and bloat...same with my Fidelio X1s,my son's 80e and my long departed Alessandros too.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    swspiers likes this.
  15. swspiers
    Oh. It's that time of year again...

monsterzero likes this.
First

Back
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Next

Last