The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Oct 6, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #1,921 of 2,626
How has this been on YT for a month and im just now seeing it?!? Super stoked!!!! Sounds great! Nov 1st 2019 release date.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #1,926 of 2,626
New release of the week is the second album from San Francisco's Lowcaster - Flames Arise. There's been a lot of great heavy metal this year, and Lowcaster's epic doom with cinematic sound effects is a ton of fun -- think Spirit Adrift and Khemmis mixed with a smidge of Wo Fat's stoner crunch and Dr. Teeth's muppet vocals. Ripple's $5/mo subscription is bringing a lot of bang for buck.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #1,927 of 2,626
Check out the lineup for Hell's Heroes III in Houston next April: Satan, High Spirits, Magic Circle, Traveler, Slough Feg, and Smoulder. Even the lesser known ones below, both from Canada, are great.

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,929 of 2,626
Oct 29, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,930 of 2,626
New release of the week is the second album from San Francisco's Lowcaster - Flames Arise. There's been a lot of great heavy metal this year, and Lowcaster's epic doom with cinematic sound effects is a ton of fun -- think Spirit Adrift and Khemmis mixed with a smidge of Wo Fat's stoner crunch and Dr. Teeth's muppet vocals. Ripple's $5/mo subscription is bringing a lot of bang for buck.

this album is absolutely amazing. Even on my first listen of this, I'm smiling so hard my face hurts. This is a seriously well produced album it's gonna take a while to fully absorb, but that is some of the best guitar work I've heard in years. Even the vocals are damn good, and remind me of early iron maiden at times

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,933 of 2,626
just realized from yt comments "Basically the EP is all covers from canadian bands/solo artists they listened growing up..."
UNLEASH THE ARCHERS - Heartless World (Official Lyric Video) | Napalm Records

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unleash_the_Archers

..."Check out the album "One Night Stands" by Tease,where the original song is in,it´s a very cool 70´s hard-rock album."

Actually the track in question, 1st track in the video (somehow, usually 3rd on the album), is quite Metal! :L3000:

No wonder UtA rocks, having great inspiration.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaze

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #1,934 of 2,626
https://doomcharts.com/2019/11/02/doom-charts-october-2019/

Well, not enough of my Doom Charts colleagues got their hands on the Lowcaster album yet so it didn't make the top 30 this month. Still much to enjoy, such as Black Road & Kadavar (featuring blurbs by yours truly), Swan Valley Heights, Blackwater Holylight, and Saint Karloff. New discoveries for me include Vvlva, Grotto, Parasol Caravan, and my fave right now,
Scarecrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back