THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Aug 17, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #738 of 776
  I love my vsd3s, would these be a good choice? They cost $77 canadian in total

If you need/like more bass then it's ok (06A has more bass than 06 and 3S)...otherwise they are 2 diff sounding.btw, you get 3 pairs of proprietary meshed/filter tips with 06A to boost/alter the bass and you can also try with other IEMs!

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #739 of 776
  I love my vsd3s, would these be a good choice? They cost $77 canadian in total

I can't compare to the vsd3', but the kc06a's for $77CN is a good deal. I still listen to mine regularly - they're great (not much isolation though).

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #741 of 776
oops.. I misread your post. (With the yellow tips on)The mid bass seems tamed down a bit. But the sub bass still reaches deep without bleedin. The highs really open up and every thing sounds a bit sparkly with a wider soundstage. But its the vocals that sound absolutely beautiful. A bit thin, yet a lot better than with the stock ostry tips.

Can you link me to a site where I can purchase those yellow tips you're talking about?

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #742 of 776
Can you link me to a site where I can purchase those yellow tips you're talking about?

Well i got them with ttpod t1e. But the KZ WHIRLWIND tips are the same.. (size L) Just that they come in blue

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32366635375.html

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #743 of 776
man... i miss my KC06 and KC06a 
confused_face.gif

Time to look for something better but cheaper
darthsmile.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #748 of 776
So the Whirlwind tips that eaglearrow recommended to me arrived here today, and the Large tips sounded the best to me. The sound is more extended in the treble (which I love, I love extended treble) but in return they also came with a bit of harshness (but I don't really mind it, since they're not my primary listening source). The bass has tamed down significantly, midbass has around neutral emphasis now but the subbass has become slightly weaker than neutral.

My Philips Fidelio L2 still sounds better, but it's definitely not a very big difference.

Overall the tips are DEFINITELY worth the €0,88.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #749 of 776
  So the Whirlwind tips that eaglearrow recommended to me arrived here today, and the Large tips sounded the best to me. The sound is more extended in the treble (which I love, I love extended treble) but in return they also came with a bit of harshness (but I don't really mind it, since they're not my primary listening source). Tthe bass has tamed down significantly, midbass has around neutral emphasis now but the subbass has become slightly weaker than neutral.

My Philips Fidelio L2 still sounds better, but it's definitely not a very big difference.

Overall the tips are DEFINITELY worth the €0,88.

You're welcome buddy..
smily_headphones1.gif
I use them with L buds too cos f the short nozzles.. Just Loooveeeee ma ostry's.. :D

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #750 of 776

You're welcome buddy..
smily_headphones1.gif
I use them with L buds too cos f the short nozzles.. Just Loooveeeee ma ostry's.. :D

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Yep, I pull the KC06As out from time to time and am always amazed by their sound.  Not getting rid of them that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back