THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Feb 25, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #691 of 776

Huh, @sfwalcer is good for something after all! 
ph34r.gif

I know that Sf loves his kc06's. You have the kc06a's though, correct? What made you get them over the kc06?

Yes, you are correct.  He recommended the KC06.  However, I did some additional research at the time and found that the "A" version was supposed to have deeper bass extension and treble improvements.  Therefore, I ended up going with it since I'm somewhat of a basshead.  Can't imagine the 06 being better than the 06A.  I suspect I'd love the 06 also if funds permitted...

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #692 of 776
  Yes, you are correct.  He recommended the KC06.  However, I did some additional research at the time and found that the "A" version was supposed to have deeper bass extension and treble improvements.  Therefore, I ended up going with it since I'm somewhat of a basshead.  Can't imagine the 06 being better than the 06A.  I suspect I'd love the 06 also if funds permitted...

I'm a wee bit of a basshead myself, and I gravitate to the kc06a's more. I think you picked the right ones for yourself :)

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #695 of 776
Still having a hard time deciding witch one i like the most (kc06 or kco06a),   this are the best iems  i have owned,  i just makes me wanna listen to music all day long!

Ostrys FTW!

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #696 of 776
Still having a hard time deciding witch one i like the most (kc06 or kco06a),   this are the best iems  i have owned,  i just makes me wanna listen to music all day long!

Ostrys FTW!

+1. They are also some of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever owned.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #697 of 776
OSTRY KCO6A Vs. Vsonic VC1000

First thing you notice is that the VC1k is very smooth compared to the KC06A.The VC1k is also a lot less louder. Can listen for hours. The KC06A becomes a bit fatiguing after a couple of hours specially because of the loudness.

The bass of the KC06A hits harder, is more defined & goes deeper than the VC1k. The Vsonic can't compete with the OSTRY on the Bass department.

The mids are much more foward in the KC06A compared to the VC1k. Everything is a lot more foward & detailed. All the instruments seems to be detailed better. The Vsonic's mids are laid back and smooth but detailing may be a bit less than the OSTRY.

The Highs are sparkly & loud in a good way in the KC06A. No siblience. The treble quantity amounts to a lot in the OSTRY. Maybe the extra detailing of the instruments may be because of this treble. The VC1k's treble has a bit of a roll off. But again so so very smooth without loosing any of the treble details of the OSTRY. For easy relaxed listening after a hard day's work, I prefer the smooth VC1k everyday.

The OSTRY kills it in the soundstage department. It is so very wide. It is fun. Th Vsonic feels conjested compared to the OSTRY.
Vsonic: Feels like you are sitting on the 2nd or 3rd row from where the band is performing in your small sized room.
OSTRY: Feels like the singer is right in front of you while the band is playing around you.

Instrument separation, layering, soundstage depth is pretty bad in the OSTRY. On some Orchestra pieces this shortcoming is very obvious. On some occasions most of the instruments sound so much together & on the same volume level that its such a shame. The same track on the Vsonic is portraid much more accurately, it is layered & with good depth. Positioning is also much better. If only the OSTRY got these other aspects right like they did with the large soundstage, it would've been much more awsome.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #698 of 776
OSTRY KCO6A Vs. Vsonic VC1000

First thing you notice is that the VC1k is very smooth compared to the KC06A.The VC1k is also a lot less louder. Can listen for hours. The KC06A becomes a bit fatiguing after a couple of hours specially because of the loudness.

The bass of the KC06A hits harder, is more defined & goes deeper than the VC1k. The Vsonic can't compete with the OSTRY on the Bass department.

The mids are much more foward in the KC06A compared to the VC1k. Everything is a lot more foward & detailed. All the instruments seems to be detailed better. The Vsonic's mids are laid back and smooth but detailing may be a bit less than the OSTRY.

The Highs are sparkly & loud in a good way in the KC06A. No siblience. The treble quantity amounts to a lot in the OSTRY. Maybe the extra detailing of the instruments may be because of this treble. The VC1k's treble has a bit of a roll off. But again so so very smooth without loosing any of the treble details of the OSTRY. For easy relaxed listening after a hard day's work, I prefer the smooth VC1k everyday.

The OSTRY kills it in the soundstage department. It is so very wide. It is fun. Th Vsonic feels conjested compared to the OSTRY.
Vsonic: Feels like you are sitting on the 2nd or 3rd row from where the band is performing in your small sized room.
OSTRY: Feels like the singer is right in front of you while the band is playing around you.

Instrument separation, layering, soundstage depth is pretty bad in the OSTRY. On some Orchestra pieces this shortcoming is very obvious. On some occasions most of the instruments sound so much together & on the same volume level that its such a shame. The same track on the Vsonic is portraid much more accurately, it is layered & with good depth. Positioning is also much better. If only the OSTRY got these other aspects right like they did with the large soundstage, it would've been much more awsome.

I actually think that instrument separation is VERY good on the KC06a. Definitely one of it's strongest points.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #699 of 776
Listening this band with both Ostrys.... its EPIC

Starts slow,  then it gets wild with a beatiful ending,  Trumpets, Guitars, Bass, Sax, Pianos, just amazing!

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #700 of 776
Deleted due to erroneous info. Thanks slowpickr.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #701 of 776
  Btw, lendmeurears is having an 18% sale this weekend (see spoiler). This means the kc06a is $58US and the kc06 is $49.

CODE: cny18

This coupon entitles you to 18% off the following products:

Astrotec: AS-100, AS-200 
Fidue: A83, A71, A31S
Dunu: DN-2000, DN-1000, DN-900, Dunu Alpha 1, Dunu Titan 1
Havi: B3 Pro 2
Hisound: BA100, Wooduo 2
Hzsound: EP-001
SIDY: DM3, DM2, DM 2 with mic
SYUN: MIX-1, ME-1 
Vsonic: GR02 Bass, VSD1S, VSD1, UU2,  VSD3/VSD3S All colors except black

COUPON CODE VALID FROM 27TH FEB 2015 TO 2ND MARCH 2015

Ostry is not listed???

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #702 of 776
Apr 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #704 of 776
just got my Ostry KC06A delivered today and they are fantastic :) (even though they need some burning though)!

Glad you're enjoying them. They're pretty good aye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back