The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Sep 7, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #136 of 615
What aftermarket mic cable would be the best (yet affordable) to use with these headphones?

If it`s not too late, you can look at the Pinnacle P1 remote cable, it`s only $35.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #137 of 615
Thanks to @nmatheis I figured I would try these out. Been listening to them, really enjoying them. In particular the bass has a rich, deep and textured feel that I don't think I have heard before in an iem (or even really in a headphone). Really addictive bass (sub) with electronic music in particular. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #138 of 615
Thanks to @nmatheis
 I figured I would try these out. Been listening to them, really enjoying them. In particular the bass has a rich, deep and textured feel that I don't think I have heard before in an iem (or even really in a headphone). Really addictive bass (sub) with electronic music in particular. 

Cheers, Mate. Glad you're enjoying them!

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #139 of 615
Thanks to @nmatheis
 I figured I would try these out. Been listening to them, really enjoying them. In particular the bass has a rich, deep and textured feel that I don't think I have heard before in an iem (or even really in a headphone). Really addictive bass (sub) with electronic music in particular. 

I'm really liking them with electronic music too. That dynamic driver really hits the spot.

Seems to me these are a bit underrated. I particularly like that they sound great out of a smartphone.

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #140 of 615
I just love the nice smooth sound these give me. I just got an it03. I would have expected new toy syndrome with them and they would stay in my ears. But not so, I keep coming back to just wanting to relax with the primacy.

I don't listen to music to analyze or dissect it often. I want to relax and enjoy the experience.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #142 of 615
Anyone know if Westone's Epic cable will fit these?

No, the connector is too short since westone use a slightly modified mmcx connector. It wouldn't take my um 50 Pro cable.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #143 of 615
Hi. I'm planning of getting the Oriveti Primacy and will be using it with my Fiio X3 2nd gen.
Would the x3ii be able to drive them properly? I'm a little concerned about the headphone impedance of the primacy at 11Ohm. The x3ii have drive ability of 16-150Ohm based on the x3ii specifications page
Do i need a low impedance amp or x3ii is good enough to drive them at full potential? 

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #144 of 615
Hi. I'm planning of getting the Oriveti Primacy and will be using it with my Fiio X3 2nd gen.
Would the x3ii be able to drive them properly? I'm a little concerned about the headphone impedance of the primacy at 11Ohm. The x3ii have drive ability of 16-150Ohm based on the x3ii specifications page
Do i need a low impedance amp or x3ii is good enough to drive them at full potential? 

Shouldn't be worried about the low impedance, if anything they'll be easier to drive. The X3 should provide plenty of current as well, an amp is not necessary. Your biggest issue will likely be hiss since they are quite sensitive, but I had minimal noise on my e17K and OPPO HA2. I'm sure you'll really enjoy that pairing, Fiio gear give the primacy's a bit more body.

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #145 of 615
I've had mine for a day – sound quality is a huge step up from my Sony MDR-EX510LP and Westone W10 :D

I have to agree with one of the reviews I've read — the tip fits comfortably (equipped with Spinfit medium), but the cable juts up and out, and the right ear cable doesn't want to stay behind my ear. I wish there was a wire (a soft one like the Westone Epic cable).

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #146 of 615
  I've had mine for a day – sound quality is a huge step up from my Sony MDR-EX510LP and Westone W10 :D

I have to agree with one of the reviews I've read — the tip fits comfortably (equipped with Spinfit medium), but the cable juts up and out, and the right ear cable doesn't want to stay behind my ear. I wish there was a wire (a soft one like the Westone Epic cable).

You could/should tighten the chin-slider (doesn't need to be fully up, around where the collar bones are is a good position), then this won't happen.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #148 of 615
I'm using the provided ear guides which are quite comfortable for me :)

On a side-note, I received the Aurisonics ASG 1+ and I have to say I prefer them over the Oriveti Primacy.

They both aim for the same signature I think. Warm, smooth, lush vocals, and relaxed up top (recalling my 1plus from memory). That being said, the 1plus has a punchier and more authoritative, exciting sound.

Any news on the new ORIVETI model?

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #149 of 615
To those looking for an upgrade on PRIMACY, consider the INEAR stagediver SD2.

They sound similar in relaxing and warm signature. But better details, soundstage, treble, bass and the good natural timbre of voices and instruments

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #150 of 615
To those looking for an upgrade on PRIMACY, consider the INEAR stagediver SD2.

They sound similar in relaxing and warm signature. But better details, soundstage, treble, bass and the good natural timbre of voices and instruments

Last year I used SD2 and there was sibilance. Now using Primacy, details on par with SD2, depth is better, no treble peaks, much better 3D image, both iems are average on low notes. What I mean is SD2 is not an upgrade advice in my opinion, just a sidegrade. SD2 built is excellent btw, ciem level for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back