1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Original Stax SR-Lambda (Normal Bias) w/ SRD-7, Great Condition!

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by SteakWay, Oct 11, 2018.
Trader History (4)
  1. SteakWay
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Best offer:
    Yes
    What I'm selling here is the cream of the crop of vintage Stax earspeakers, the original Lambdas. These were manufactured from 1979-1982. Because of this, they can be quite hard to find, especially in great condition. Along with the Stax, I have a mint condition SRD-7.

These headphones are the masters of clarity. Compared to say a pair of HD 600, the Stax exhibit much more detail and precision in every way.

[​IMG]

While most pair that you find have the yellow foam on the outside either deteriorating or missing all together, the foam is still there and looks practically brand new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The SRD-7 is in remarkable quality with the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a forum post comparing the different versions of Stax, this is what the reviewer had to say about it:

The perfect all-rounder, the best Q/P factor of the bunch. You have soundstage (ok, no HE-60 / SR-009 level), you have technicity clearly above small round driver's level, you do have bass AND dynamics with this DAC/Amp setup, harshness and edginess are nowhere to find, they are a real treat.
    And look at the measurements, not many headphones look like this:

[​IMG]

If you're a newcomer to Stax, this is the perfect introduction to the sound. If you're already a collector, the original Lambda is a must-have.

[​IMG]

Price: $400

Thanks for taking a look!

P.S. If you are looking for a cheaper pair and don't mind some channel imbalance (easily fixed with an amplifer with a balance option), I'm selling one here.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. SteakWay
    Also interested in a trade possibly for an LCD-2, preferably a 2.2 pre-fazor. I’d pay the difference.

3. SteakWay
    Bump. Price drop to $375. I’ll pay shipping and PayPal fees

4. billqs
    Just a drop in, the original Lambdas may be my overall favorite pair of STAX and I own both SR-007 mk II and SR-009!

Zoide and SteakWay like this.
  5. SteakWay
    Bump! $350

6. SteakWay
    Sold!