The Original Stax SR-Lambda (Normal Bias) w/ SRD-7, Great Condition!

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by SteakWay, Oct 11, 2018.
Trader History (2)
  1. SteakWay
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Best offer:
    Yes
    What I'm selling here is the cream of the crop of vintage Stax earspeakers, the original Lambdas. These were manufactured from 1979-1982. Because of this, they can be quite hard to find, especially in great condition. Along with the Stax, I have a mint condition SRD-7.

These headphones are the masters of clarity. Compared to say a pair of HD 600, the Stax exhibit much more detail and precision in every way.

[​IMG]

While most pair that you find have the yellow foam on the outside either deteriorating or missing all together, the foam is still there and looks practically brand new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The SRD-7 is in remarkable quality with the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a forum post comparing the different versions of Stax, this is what the reviewer had to say about it:

The perfect all-rounder, the best Q/P factor of the bunch. You have soundstage (ok, no HE-60 / SR-009 level), you have technicity clearly above small round driver's level, you do have bass AND dynamics with this DAC/Amp setup, harshness and edginess are nowhere to find, they are a real treat.
    And look at the measurements, not many headphones look like this:

[​IMG]

If you're a newcomer to Stax, this is the perfect introduction to the sound. If you're already a collector, the original Lambda is a must-have.

[​IMG]

Price: $400

Thanks for taking a look!

P.S. If you are looking for a cheaper pair and don't mind some channel imbalance (easily fixed with an amplifer with a balance option), I'm selling one here.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. SteakWay
    Also interested in a trade possibly for an LCD-2, preferably a 2.2 pre-fazor. I’d pay the difference.

3. SteakWay
    Bump. Price drop to $375. I’ll pay shipping and PayPal fees

4. billqs
    Just a drop in, the original Lambdas may be my overall favorite pair of STAX and I own both SR-007 mk II and SR-009!

Zoide and SteakWay like this.
  5. SteakWay
    Bump! $350