The Opamp thread
Oct 25, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #6,271 of 7,383
The adapter is only $3.47, and two of such opamps in a DIP8 form factor costs over 10 bucks even from Chinese ebay sellers...heck those same Chinese ebay sellers have the dual mono on a single DIP8 variant for only like a single dollar more!
You need SOIC8 variant, does arrow deliver to your country?
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/ad8065arz/analog-devices
Having said that if it’s for practice only, get 2 opa627 from eBay, they are like $3 posted and even if they are fakes (most likely) no big loss.

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #6,273 of 7,383
English, do you speak it? This adapter is not 2 singles to 1 dual, it's 2 dual to 1 dual......unsure of details but one is used as extra buffer apparently.

I got a bunch of those here with me but still afraid to try them, much like my fake LT1028ACH.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #6,274 of 7,383
Oh I'm a derp. Good catch nevertheless as I haven't actually bought it just yet (looking at my previous posts, it seems I misspoke and said I did).

Well, I did say that I'm a relative newbie at rolling opamps. :p

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #6,275 of 7,383
Apologies for the double-post, but it doesn't look like Head-fi lets you delete posts...

I believe something like the following is what I'm actually looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172990056225

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172677868865

And since they're just passive boards without any sort of funky electrical conversion stuff, I can't imagine them hurting anything outside of it actually being assembled incorrectly.

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #6,281 of 7,383
Hi

dhruvmeena96
I have 2 more questions about resistors: Did you twell your robot to take care about the direction the resistors were soldered in? I cannot stress enough the meaning of this detail . I could hear differences at any resistor I ´ve changed, no matter if that was in an op amp or in a guitar amp.
second, you kindly gave the rhopoint weblink of your zfoil precision smd resistors. Unfortunately that link seem to be killed at rhopoint.com. So could you please make a new link? When I compared TX2575 wirh rhopoint wirewounds, I din´t like the little more steril sound of the TX, to my ears, I like a little dirt, and the technical best solution is very often not what I like to hear. For me, it´s about subjective sound impression. But I´d like to listen to what you use... Nothing can replace an own listening !!!

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #6,282 of 7,383
Any good upgrade recommendations for dual-opamp (any socket version is ok) instead NE5532AD ?
I couldn`t get Burson V5i-D working instead of it as seems power feed is too low to keep V5i-D running.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #6,284 of 7,383
Do you have a link to the DIP Dual Mono (2) to Single Dual (1) VERTICAL?

On my own Xonar DS, the horizontal version of the adapter I linked to would be too wide as well and run into some nearby capacitors. However, one of my recent op amps came with a sort of riser that looks like it would make this horizontal dual adapter actually fit and rest above the aformentioned capacitors.

Similarly, it looks like the adapter in question actually comes with two (pictured below), but while normally they're meant to be actually used to raise the op amps above the adapter board, I wonder if you couldn't instead put the op amps directly onto the board and then put one or more of the risers on the single bottom side of the entire adapter.

s-l1600.jpg

Now I've no idea if is such a thing would fit into your device, but it may nevertheless be an option.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #6,285 of 7,383
However, one of my recent op amps came with a sort of riser that looks like it would make this horizontal dual adapter actually fit and rest above the aformentioned capacitors.

Similarly, it looks like the adapter in question actually comes with two (pictured below), but while normally they're meant to be actually used to raise the op amps above the adapter board, I wonder if you couldn't instead put the op amps directly onto the board and then put one or more of the risers on the single bottom side of the entire adapter.

Now I've no idea if is such a thing would fit into your device, but it may nevertheless be an option.
I'm going to try that, thanks for the advice. I think I may have thought about that before but always wondering if it would cause some kind of noise or disruption because you would think that would happen the more opamp risers you use? At least I think like that. It's best to have the opamp on the board ideally... I wonder what it would be like to use 2 or 3 or 4 risers to be able to use opamps in a Walnut/Zishan music player? I will try that but I'll have to order some first.

Maybe someone here has already tried and can let us know how it went?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back