The Onion says Microsoft patented 1's and 0's
May 8, 2002 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

millerdog

1000+ Head-Fier
Does this mean my cd player will not work without some version of Windows? I am on Windows 98..will I have to upgrade to XP?
sheesh!
md

May 8, 2002 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 15
The Onion rocks! I subscribe to the print version--it is absolutely the perfect read for those times in the...uh...loo. Might as well tell it like it is.

--Peace and good loo reading, BeeEss

May 8, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 15
bs,
do you remember the "fecal grabbing power" toilet paper article about two years ago? i used to have that by the roll...

thank god for the onion. and btw, some of the best (serious) interviews and music articles out there.

regards,
carlo.

May 8, 2002 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 15
The MS patent story... an oldie, but still a classic. I just wish there would be more updates by Herbert Kornfield (K-Dawg
biggrin.gif
)!

May 8, 2002 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 15
'The Onion' is GREAT, absolutely hilarious.

When I went to Madison, WI, at the UW campus, I picked up a printed newspaper version of 'The Onion.' I actually haven't been to the website, because I didn't even know one existed until just a few days ago when my friend told me. Great stuff though. Makes for a hearty laugh.
tongue.gif

May 8, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 15
Ha! I just bought their book Dispatches From the Tenth Circle.
These guys make me laugh so hard stuff comes out of my nose.
md

May 9, 2002 at 2:37 PM Post #11 of 15
How about the one about the "new remote control can be operated by remote....no more having to lean forward to get remote from coffee table... " I better stop!
md

May 9, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 15
I perfer Our Dumb Century to Dispatches From the Tenth Circle.

My favorite headline: Bleeping Two-Foot Tin Ball Threatens Free World.

May 10, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #14 of 15
"Five Or Six Dudes Jump Out Of Nowhere And Just Start Whaling On This One Guy"

Comedy, pure comedy. I used to just pick The Onion up off the street in New York.... or if I didn't, my roommates would always have one sitting in the bathroom, just waiting for a spare half hour or so.

May 11, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #15 of 15
Our Dumb Century is cool and yes I think it is the best of the books. I was taking a history course when I bought it.
The WWI head line and the Kennedy one.
Oh yeah! Man Walks on the Moon!
any fans of The Onion should pick up their books.
md

Users who are viewing this thread

Back