The one and only - ECCI YST-02
Jun 7, 2022 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a special thread for a special IEM.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ecci-yst-02.25759/reviews

9E236E10-8627-436A-A244-19B7BEEE3259.jpeg

Let’s find out who has em, and what they think of them!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Jul 11, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 7
The Penon store on AliExpress changed the listing on these to limited quantities. Mine are ordered and I'm looking forward to seeing them get here in the next month or so. :L3000:
Cheers!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 7
DSC_0023.jpeg

YST-03

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 7
YST-02 arrived today. Out of the box impressions are it's very good. It's power hungry, needing about the same level as P1 Max and I3 Pro. Nice cable, certainly no need to upgrade. Stock tips work, but a little small for me, I got a better seal with KBEAR 07. Very transparent sound, not warm, but not thin either. Tuning is balanced, stage good, details good. I'd place it against Tin T4, Olina, Starsea or GS Audio GD3C. Which is pretty damned good since It's only $75. It's a departure from my usual warm tunings. But I like the contrast, this one is a keeper! :L3000:

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 7
YST-02 arrived today. Out of the box impressions are it's very good. It's power hungry, needing about the same level as P1 Max and I3 Pro. Nice cable, certainly no need to upgrade. Stock tips work, but a little small for me, I got a better seal with KBEAR 07. Very transparent sound, not warm, but not thin either. Tuning is balanced, stage good, details good. I'd place it against Tin T4, Olina, Starsea or GS Audio GD3C. Which is pretty damned good since It's only $75. It's a departure from my usual warm tunings. But I like the contrast, this one is a keeper! :L3000:
Wait till you get about 75 hours on them! They seem to tighten, smooth and congeal. They do need power! I think we will find this fully beats the YST-03, due to naturalness and an even character. You have the better of the two!

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #7 of 7
https://penonaudio.com/ecci-yst-02.html

ECCI YST-02 1BA + Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi in-ear Earphone

Description

Custom ultra-high single balanced armature
Japanese CCAW voice coil dynamic driver
5N single crystal copper silver-plated cable
Acoustic Space Tuning Technology
PVD gold-plated border inlaid dyed natural abalone shells
Easy to push omnivorous, comfortable to wear

Starting from the heart, YST
ECCI earphones have always pursued the natural and transparent sound of sound, which is dominated by easy-to-push and long-lasting listening, and implements the theme of not getting tired of listening. Reference is aimed at matching mobile phones to portable lossless players, so that the pleasure of enjoying high-quality music can be brought to more different groups of people, this as a reason to open a new series of products Yinshite.

Auricle zone pressure adjustment, comfortable fit in the ear
Wear around the ear, with memory PU hose ear hooks, more comfortable and more stable to wear. The small cavity is in line with the shape of the human ear, and there is no pressure when wearing it for a long time.

Two-way frequency division hybrid driver, simplifying complexity, not blindly stacking materials, suitable is good
Two-way frequency division is a very common frequency division method in traditional HiFi bookshelf speakers, usually provided by large-sized speakers. Through multiple selection speakers with cooperative speaker manufacturers and then design and pairing combinations, physical frequency division and RC circuit frequency division are used to make the timbre accurate and the transition natural and loose.

Multi-tuning damping technology
Front and rear double pressure relief holes + multi-layer tube damping structure, balance the pressure in the ear, improve the overall wearing comfort.

Rich cable expandability
The cable is made of four-strand litz structure single crystal copper silver-plated, and the cross-braided wire can effectively reduce the loss and distortion of signal transmission. The custom 2pin 0.78mm interface is highly resistant to unplugging to ensure signal transmission.

Space reconstruction tuning
Comprehensive use of sound psychology, acoustics, subjective aesthetic, the strong depth of space conditioning, strengthen the specific non-sensitive frequency, enhance the depth of sound diving, improve the sound head space, improve the degree of music information separation to obtain similar to the room listening speaker from far and near experience.

Jewelry-grade appearance creates a light and luxurious texture

The PVD gold-plated cover is inlaid with dyed natural abalone shells, and with high-transparency resin, it has a jewelry-grade texture. The color of the natural panel is unique, making it a good-looking blind box, is a good sound and a bright accessory.

*The abalone shell has an uneven structure at the microscopic angle, and it can produce brilliant and colorful colors under different incident angles of the optical fiber, which is the real abalone shell. Panel appearance is random

Specification
Brand: ECCI
Model:YST-02

Driver: 10mm composite diaphragm + custom ultra-high balanced armature
Sensitivity: 102dB/Vrms(@1kHz)
Impedance: 30Ω ±15%(@1kHz)
Distortion: <1%(@1kHz/1mW)
Frequency response: 5Hz-40kHz
Cable material: litz single crystal copper silver-plated
Cable: 1.25m
Plug: 3.5mm
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm