The Official Violectric V200 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
Feb 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I noticed that there wasn't a appreciation thread for the V200, or any Violectric amp for that natter, so I decided to start one up. There were quite a few review threads but not one main appreciation thread. Hope you guys don't mind, I don't 
wink_face.gif

I have been listening to this amp for a hour now and it's really something else. The sound may not be as open as I would like, but the tonality is what I like. It's smooth, warm, and powerful. Despite it's smooth tone, the sound is still highly detailed and transparent. More transparent than my ROC and WA3+, but the Auditor is still much more transparent.

So go ahead and let's start this thread off with some great pictures!

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 123
Well since this is an appreciation thread I'll add my impression of the V200.   Glad to see that the V200 is finally coming into its own.  A good power cord like the Venom 3 will bring improvements over the stock cord.  I have found the amp to open up when going XLR balanced out of the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 and balanced into the V200.   

http://www.head-fi.org/products/violectric-hpa-v200/reviews/5331

Other V200 Threads.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551173/review-violectric-hpa-v200-amp

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551173/review-violectric-hpa-v200-amp

http://www.head-fi.org/t/480038/violectric-hpa-v200-why-not-sufficiently-appreciated

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 123
Wow, zombster, you go boy! father of the beyer t1 appreciation thread... And now the v200.
well, it is quite an amp for the money. It mates very well with almost any headphone. And is musical as can be.
Love mine! Even in the face of stiff competition such as the dark star and liquid fire, the v200 still does its thing. :D

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 123
Thanks man. I never even anticipated making this thread, but the thought "why not?" got me and well... 

I rather do enjoy the V200 quite a bit. I like it's smooth sound a lot, maybe more than my WA3+. This is due to the fact that it still is very dynamic and doesn't have the typical tube "blur" to the sound. The soundstage is still big, but not like my other amps.

Still it's a great headphone amp for sure and well worth the money! I'm loving mine thus far :wink:

WA, I know there were other threads, but not one singular dedicated appreciation thread. I wanted one and here it is!

Quote:
Wow, zombster, you go boy! father of the beyer t1 appreciation thread... And now the v200.
well, it is quite an amp for the money. It mates very well with almost any headphone. And is musical as can be.
Love mine! Even in the face of stiff competition such as the dark star and liquid fire, the v200 still does its thing.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 123
Do I see a CIAudio PSU in there, a Edition 8, D7000?

Also Wuss, Robert at Aphrodite Cu29 told me that the right output should be used as the sound goes back through the board to the left. I don't hear a difference between the two outputs but I think I'll listen to him :wink:

Quote:

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 123
Feb 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #12 of 123
A quick diversion from the V200....

The one corner does have three sides with obtuse angles rather than the typical 2 walls coming together at a 90 degree angle.  The rest of the room has the typical wall angles.

The last of my books, most were recently donated, and now everything is on my computer, iPad, or Kindle.  Just more convenient but still like holding a book, however, "Trees are People" and "The Trees are the right height in Michigan" 
Favorite book in the bunch, "A Confederacy of Dunces"

Quote:
Nice!  Is that corner truncated is some manner?  Should make for an interesting acoustic channel for those Swans.  Also can we get a close up of the reading material?  "Blood and Soil" has me curious. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 123
You should turn up the pre-gain. I think you need a bit more gain for those HE-500's.

That's a nice, simple set-up for sure!.

Quote:
Subscribed 

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #14 of 123
I've been thinking about that as well for an experiment.  I'm going balanced from DAC-2 to the V200 and there is plenty of power at zero gain.  Although the HE-500 isn't power hungry like the HE-6 there could be a benefit from say a power amp or V200 juiced up on gain.  Going to give a try soon.

Quote:
You should turn up the pre-gain. I think you need a bit more gain for those HE-500's.

That's a nice, simple set-up for sure!.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #15 of 123
The HE-500 isn't power hungry? I didn't know what!

But even adding 6db of extra gain is nice. Nice to have more control over the volume.

Quote:
I've been thinking about that as well for an experiment.  I'm going balanced from DAC-2 to the V200 and there is plenty of power at zero gain.  Although the HE-500 isn't power hungry like the HE-6 there could be a benefit from say a power amp or V200 juiced up on gain.  Going to give a try soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back