The Official Ultrasone Appreciation Thread!
Jan 17, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #46 of 49
im considering to buy hfi 580 and i got couple questions in my mind.

can i replace the earpads to ear cushions like sennheise/beyerdynamic( i dont like leather pads)
can i easily change the cable to another if got broken? or can i mod to detachable 3.5mm jack?

thanks in advance

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #47 of 49

Quote:
im considering to buy hfi 580 and i got couple questions in my mind.

can i replace the earpads to ear cushions like sennheise/beyerdynamic( i dont like leather pads)
can i easily change the cable to another if got broken? or can i mod to detachable 3.5mm jack?

thanks in advance

Just get a Pro 750 or Pro 900 ~ soft material pads and the cable can be unscrewed and exchanged.

580 has a fixed cable which would need a re-termination and the pads won't be an easy swap.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #48 of 49

Quote:
 Just get a Pro 750 or Pro 900 ~ soft material pads and the cable can be unscrewed and exchanged.

580 has a fixed cable which would need a re-termination and the pads won't be an easy swap.

i wish i have a budget for that, sadly i only have 120-130€ + shipping spare. so that's out of my league atm.

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #49 of 49
Hoping to bring this back to life. Sorry for the necro couldn't find a more recent appreciation thread. Loving my Ultrasones, and wanted to see if anyone had tried the new edition 8 EX. Loved the edition 8 just wanted to find if it was worth it to upgrade. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back