The Official "Spice up Wikipedia's Headphone Articles with Pictures" Thread
Mar 14, 2006 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nrbelex

Head-Fier
Wikipedia is sorely lacking pictures of headphones which could definitely help add something to the articles. I know a lot of you guys like posting your pictures so why not add a few to Wikipedia as well? Afterwards, come back here and show us what you did.

I'll start off:

- Added picture of "Grado Labs" writing on SR60 on the Grado page.
- Added picture of E2cs on the Shure page.

A lot of the articles would look a lot better with some of the hi-end headphones so get to it!
tongue.gif

~ Brett

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 8
A lot of the headphones articles just need more information period. I'd be happy to throw in some pics of anything that's useful.

If not done by tomorrow, I might add a pictures or two of my Ultrasone HFi-550 headphones under the Ultrasone article.

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 8
The Wiki article on sennheiser says that the 580, 600 and 650 have the same driver: i highly doubt it. could one of you that has both tell me if this is true? on hearing that claim, i could believe it for the 580-600 combo, but the 580/600-to the 650? the 650 sounds too different imho to be the same driver.
edit: head-fi should have it's own page.

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 8
I changed it from saying "the three models" to "the first two models"

Someone needs to get some information for the AKG section

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 8
I did edit some things in the Headphone entry a while ago. Someone had left an opinion about closed vs. open which I removed including a note "this is opinion, not fact". I also added the Orpheus and Stax as electrostatics, and added many of the examples of most headphone types listed there (circumaural, supra aural etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back