The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 6, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #181 of 1,101
Hope there will be an adapter available so that some of us could use our existing cables that have a 2.5mm balanced plug.

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #183 of 1,101
  3rd party support should be fast in the coming I think.

I hope so, coz even if the sound quality ends up being the same as the AK380cu, I might just switch over just for the battery life alone. 

Sep 6, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #185 of 1,101
I doubt its sound quality could justify its humongous price, since when Sony make 3k$ DAP 
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #187 of 1,101
Probably been answered but i couldnt find the answer.
Difference between black and gold models - is it purley astetic? Do they have same internals?

Twice the memory, better internals, twice the weight

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #190 of 1,101
Yes, I'm going to go to the office today to pick up the Elear and Utopia, neither of which I expect will be any trouble to drive for the NW-WM1Z--they're both very reasonable headphones to drive. I've so far been using only the MDR-Z1R, FitEar MH334 custom, and Noble Prestige (Kaiser 10) custom with the NW-WM1Z, so I'm now curious to try many others.

Hi @jude,
Do you mind telling me how's the pairing of wm1z with mh334? Are they a good match?

Thank you!

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #191 of 1,101
The output impedance of the WM1A would be nice to know but apparently it is top secret!

The ZX2 pairs well with the CA Andromedas - OI probably 1.7-2 ohm

If the WM1A has lower OI than it is a no-go for me as the Andro will turn into a bass monster as it did with the Mojo!

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #192 of 1,101
  The output impedance of the WM1A would be nice to know but apparently it is top secret!

The ZX2 pairs well with the CA Andromedas - OI probably 1.7-2 ohm

If the WM1A has lower OI than it is a no-go for me as the Andro will turn into a bass monster as it did with the Mojo!

Yes the output impedance has not been officially been released.  When asked, the engineers gave this instead 250 mW into 16 ohms.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #193 of 1,101
Well the designer of the ZX2 said that in his oppinion output impedance is irrelevant so could see no reason to say what it was. I assume the same goes for these new players

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #194 of 1,101
Well the designer of the ZX2 said that in his oppinion output impedance is irrelevant so could see no reason to say what it was. I assume the same goes for these new players

I don't believe the designers of the ZX2 and the WM1A are the same...but this does seem to be a generally shared opinion amongst the engineering team.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #195 of 1,101
  Yes the output impedance has not been officially been released.  When asked, the engineers gave this instead 250 mW into 16 ohms.

Yep, but it matters to me!

The Campfire Audio Andromedas are notoriously sensitive with sensitivity going down to 4 ohms in the bass region!

Pairing it with the Mojo whilst great sounding was way too bassy for my neutral taste.

The ZX-2 apparently is a great pairing with probably ~2ohm output impedance.  QP1R with its 1ohm OI was finish too.

Any lower OI is too much for these IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back