1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by thatonenoob, Sep 1, 2016.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697
699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708
Next

Last
  1. PeteSTRADAMUS
    From my avatar picture, you can tell I love me my Z1R's since I received them back in February of this year. The clean bass is my favorite part.

2. Sonic Defender Contributor
    The smoke will make the bass dirty:smile:

3. Martin79
    Hd 800 = 6khz peak = hall of fame

4. Martin79
    Hd 800S = distortion on bass = hall of fame

5. sarinfuhrer
    Sorry to sound like one.
    btw, yes, @thatonenoob was correct. it's wrong graph. its utopia's. neither look good. but both sonically are excellent.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    canali and Mshenay like this.
  6. spwath
    I wasn't saying the mdr-z1r sound bad,I liked them. I was just saying tyll's measurements are not wrong.

7. Mshenay Contributor
    Each reviewer has their preference an tolerances, but what I don't like how here at head-fi were pointing at our competitor as being "in-consistent" I'm really happy to have the measurements from both Jude and Tyll, though I would have enjoyed Jude's more if not for him openly putting Tyll and all the others who measure gear down. Worst of all this post is on the FRONT of OUR community!

Why not just share what you guys measured with us, make a small comment on the differences that you found while doing your measurements and leave it at that. Differences, why did this need to become an issue of "consistency" why do we need to compare? Why do are we working to discredit our competitor?

8. anetode
    The 10khz peak is not an uncommon feature in Tyll's measurements. It could be an artifact inherent in the specific pinnae/mic arrangement installed in his measurement head, as Head Acoustics offers a few different versions. Also, as others have mentioned, the top octave is notoriously sensitive to headphone measurement approaches, and shouldn't necessarily be thought of as definitive in any one rig.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Mshenay and sarinfuhrer like this.
  9. jude Administrator
    Putting Tyll and all the others who measure gear down? Quote where I do this, as that's not what I've done. As for the word "inconsistent," what I said was:

What did I say about a conclusion from all this?

So tell me where I've put down Tyll and all the others who measure gear. That's an absurd interpretation, and nowhere was that said or implied by me.

We did share some information about what we measured with. I did comment on the differences we found while doing our measurements. Our results are not consistent with Tyll's, and that was also said. Nothing I've said discredits Tyll.

10. Tyll Hertsens Contributor
    EvilKillaruna, volly, bidn and 18 others like this.
  11. VandyMan
    For anyone looking to buy these headphones, issues of consistency are very important.

12. jscmd2000
    Yay, you guys are awesome!

Sp12er3 likes this.
  13. astrostar59
    Well all I can say on the Tyll subject is I remember him raving over the 009s and BHSE combo, then a year or so later saying the 009s were 'tizzy treble' and not high end anymore. I dispute that on my Carbon amp and fed by an R-2R DAC. He also often uses EQ as in the Utopia review. And then of course, his DACs change as well between reviews.... It comes down to read the reviews, but get off the couch are try stuff before buying IMO.

Sp12er3 and MacedonianHero like this.
  14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Again, we don't know there are any issues with consistency at all, this is how unsubstantiated rumors get a life of their own.

15. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I didn't at all get the sense that Jude was putting anybody down. I thought his post was very respectful. It is people taking him out of context that may make the conversation go badly when it really doesn't need to.

xingfei, vertical, RoyT and 2 others like this.
First

Back
688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697
699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.