The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,278

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
Sennheiser IE 800 S is the successor to the mighty IE 800!

What do we know so far:

- Successor to the mighty ie800
- Price: 1000$
- Box contents vastly improved over ie800
- Comes with Balanced options

Official Specs:

Impedance - 16 OHM
Frequency Response - 5 Hz - 46.5kHz
SPL - 125dB at 1v
THD - < 0.06% 1kHz, 96dB
Ear coupling type - In-Ear
Weight - 8g without cable
Attenuation - -26dB
Earpad size - S, M, L, also includes Silicone and Comply
Transducer - Dynamic Driver

Official Photos:

product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_IE_800_S_Product_Stage2.jpg

uoTPhaK.jpg

x1_desktop_IE_800_S_Sennheiser_t_n_p_6.jpg

x1_desktop_IE_800_S_Sennheiser_t_n_p_3.jpg

x1_desktop_IE_800_S_Sennheiser_t_n_p_7.jpg

x1_desktop_IE-800-S-Case.jpg

What's in the box?
  • IE 800 S
  • Connectivity cables:
  • 3.5 mm Standard
  • 2.5 mm balanced
  • 4.4 mm balanced Pentaconn
  • Ear tips (pairs):
  • 3 x Silcone S, M, L
  • 3 x Comply™ S, M, L
  • Manual
  • Transport leather case
  • Micro fibre cloth

Official Link : https://en-us.sennheiser.com/in-ear-headphones-earphones-ie-800-s-ceramic

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 1,278
Got a real champion to follow. Nice to see selection of leads. Not sure any longer for those that like over-ear?

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 1,278
Got a real champion to follow. Nice to see selection of leads. Not sure any longer for those that like over-ear?

I just wrote a bit about Signature Studio as far as Over-The-Ear goes. They are as lively in the treble as ie800 is , wtih a similarly clear sound, a similarly good instrument separation and sweet midrange, but ultimately Sig Studio has a much tighter bass, so it might sound a bit too tight in direct comparison. I like the large sub-bass of ie800 :darthsmile:

Good news , please post a picture if it is possible ,

Looking for a sure lead on a photo about it! :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #12 of 1,278
I was also thinking about the cable design, seems that Senn decided to go with the same design. Good thing is that they just replace the earparts from thge Y split if anything is to happen, so you shouldn't worry too much about it. Bad part is that it kinda nulls the effect changing cables would have on IE800S. All in all, so far, I only used the default cables my IEMs came with, so I'm not angry about the decision. Makes servicing them simpler sine none of my ie800 pairs ever had any problems with the cables above the Y split. I think that they really trust that Y split not to break and I read in multiple spots that adding detachable cables would have made ie800 larger, making them less comfortable.

Seems that now we're getting comply with them, so who knows, maybe even more tips are on the way!

Oct 12, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #14 of 1,278
It doesn’t look like the cables are removable at the iem’s which is a shame.

Should sound amazing though......let’s see!

no detachable cable...

Just happen to be one of those opposed to "all" detachable cables as it creates one more unnecessary contact surface which will degrade the electrical continuity of the signal powering the drivers and with an IEM it'll be noticeable even more so, but then I'm old school and would like everything hard wired. lol
The Comply tips though will be welcomed by many and if Sennheiser hasn't change the nozzle they should become available for the originals.

Oct 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #15 of 1,278
I was also thinking about the cable design, seems that Senn decided to go with the same design. Good thing ..........

Quoted out of context. : ) ....actually IMO it is a good thing....like many...thought perhaps the cable was too short but now I hate all the cables on my other iems...ie800 cable works out perfectly length wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back