The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!
Mar 29, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #799 of 1,278
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #800 of 1,278
what do you guys think is better the ie800s or the ca Andromeda and thank you for the help

i'm no reviewer....It's hard to compare imo as they have completely different signatures and the Andros are BA while the Senns are DD. I like the ie800s more. It's simply more fun, uncomplicated listening. My poor ears notice a stronger bass rumble. The mid bass as well is slightly elevated (slightly, still nicely controlled). The Andros are brighter and sometimes ...depending on the genre...more fatigue especially when i listen to classical. The Senns are more chilled and a bit airier with a beautiful crispness. Very pleasant listening with the Senns. To be honest compared to the Senns the Andros are not my cup of tea anymore. I don't say they're not good ! Really great those greenies, but i don't use them anymore since i own the Senns. But when it comes to the comparison between the Vegas and the Senns i prefer the Vegas :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #801 of 1,278
I think twister did a short comparison on his ie800s review...

....is see just a comparison with the Vegas not with the Andros.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #803 of 1,278
what do you guys think is better the ie800s or the ca Andromeda and thank you for the help

While Andro has an addictive fun tuning, IE800S has a more balanced, natural, coherent tuning (talking about "S" model). Haven't used Andro in a while for extended listening, mostly for hiss testing.

When you ask "which one is better", people gonna offer you their personal subjective "biased" opinion, based on their sound preference, as you can imagine. Similar to what I just wrote above :) Aside from a difference in tuning, other factors to keep in mind, Andro has a more solid all metal build, though fit might be not for every ear, and it has a removable cable, while IE800S cable is not removable, though you have modular design with options for 2.5mm and 3.5mm and 4.4mm termination. Also, keep in mind, Andro is notorious for hissing due to its lower impedance and higher sensitivity, while IE800S is notorious for cable microphonics where prefered way to wear is wire over the ears and if you have bigger size head - you will have some trouble due to an average cable length above y-splitter area.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #805 of 1,278
Mar 29, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #807 of 1,278
No just an added bonus i love my Vegas and I'm hoping for a continuation of that awesomeness just more balanced

Then it won’t disappoint, I was looking for exactly the same thing and was so happy with the IE800S in that respect... for all their glory the Vega can be tiresome especially for late night sessions :p

Mar 30, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #808 of 1,278
No just an added bonus i love my Vegas and I'm hoping for a continuation of that awesomeness just more balanced

My Andros are for sale :) perfect condition, 3 months old, incl. the Ref8 bal....just by the way.

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #810 of 1,278
Do you think the andro or the ie would be more appropriate for someone with small ear canals and listens to a lot of hip hop sorry I'm still having trouble deciding and thank you

Your preferred genre is Hip Hop? Maybe you should consider to give the Vega a listen. It's smaller than the Andro, a bit more comfortable with longer nozzles and fits great to this kind of music. The Andros have quite short nozzles and are no lightweights.... but they are super clear and crisp :) The IEs are very small and imo more comfortable than both Campfires but they sound more balanced and transparent.... in my opinion not the best choice for bassheavy hip hop grooves. They sound beautiful with vocals, pop, rock... etc. But when i listen to electronic i grab my Vegas because of the bass performance and the clear treble... v shaped signature. Perfect for hip hop. I have small ear canals as well and i get perfect seal with the M-and ML sized spiral dots.
To be honest... if hip hop would be my preferred genre i wouldn't consider neither the Andros nor the IEs. But it's all a matter of taste.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back