1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last
  1. davidmolliere
    Great insightful comparison indeed, the questions that many were wondering about (myself included as I only had impressions / memories of the IE800 to compare with). The Y splitter is not a blocker for me but still a tad short and that's puzzling in terms of design choices as it was a clear issue with the original IE800 :-\ That and microphonics is something they must fix for the next TOTL (given their release cycle, far away in the future...).

Interrestingly there seems to be consistency in how Sennheiser has tuned the "S" compared to the original models (IE80, HD800 vs S comparisons).

2. Roybenz
    Just got these. I like what i hear at first impression. I like these ie800s much more than the xelento`s.

Anyone tried the oval tips that came with the ie800? Why doesnt it Come with the ie800s? Is the round supposed to better?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  3. twister6 Contributor
    What oval tips? can you post a picture?

4. Roybenz
    5AD91A3A-5919-42B8-9998-848E66E3D46C.jpeg

5. denis1976
    simply spectacular P_20180109_201736_vHDR_On.jpg

junix and davidmolliere like this.
  6. davidmolliere
    I remember those tips were bundled with IE800 but not the S, Sennheiser must have decided they weren't such a good idea.
    Always used the round ones, but I guess some people might prefer the oval depending on physiology...

7. Roybenz
    Sennheiser doesnt recommend burn in with these, they said its good to go out of the box.

8. Dobrescu George
    At some point I was using them with the oval tips, but after a lot of tests, the round medium tips yield the best comfort / sonic performance for me

davidmolliere and Roybenz like this.
  9. catalystcc
    A new flagship HD 820 is just announced, I think a new flagship IEM from Sennheiser is just around the corner.

10. davidmolliere
    What makes you think that?

HD820 is a closed back vs the open back HD800S, not sure it will automatically mean a new IEM release (especially given their IEM release cycle)... unless Sennheiser decides to do an open back IEM (interresting thought :p )

11. Dobrescu George
    I think that for this moment ie800S concludes Sennheiser's IEM Flaghisp scenario, at least for a little while

12. james444 Contributor
    ezekiel77 and Dobrescu George like this.
  13. Roybenz
    It wont be a ie820. Confirmed by sennheiser Customer Service today :)

14. davidmolliere
    You're right, I stand corrected, they're vented and that's part of the awesome sauce :)
    Still not convinced a new IEM will spring up soon.

Maybe a year or so after AKG releases N5005 (a 1-2-2 hybrid to keep an eye on btw), but I like surprises if there is a IE820 I'll keep my ears open :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  15. Deftone
    I’ve had my I800S since launch sometime in October if I remember correctly, anyway I had started to notice this week that whenever I take out the earphones the silicone tips stay stuck in my ears 8-9 times out of 10 and I’ve had to ask the girlfriend take them out with tweasers.

I couldn’t understand why they have become so loose because I have stuck with medium round silicone since the first week and never changed them. When inspected the hard plastic tube that attaches to the earpieces nozzle the notches inside look worn. How could this be if I don’t swap them out, so I tried some other sized tips still in the box and of course they click right on with a good snap and don’t feel loose.

What to do? I can’t keep buying those expensive tips every 3 months...

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last