1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. Kunlun
    Some spikes in measurements can be artifacts of the measurement device itself. The Senn measurements are close to what I hear with the original ie800.

Having said that, I've had two pairs of ie800 (bought one and returned it only to buy another pair which I still use regularly over two years later). The first sound initially sounded terrible (It's okay to say something doesn't sound good, twister6!). It had a strange BA-like sharp thin treble.

I freed the driver with LOUD LOUD LOUD music for 24 hours. None of this useless 5,000,000 hours soft piano music. The peak disappeared. I found I could wear over-the-ear, which is recommended as it eliminates all microphonics. Now, with the ie800S, everyone can wear over-the-ear.

@twister6, could you please try playing the ie800S overnight at a volume which is painful with the earphone held 1in (2.5cm) away from the ear? Could be fun!

2. Ahmad313
    Thanks ,

3. Ahmad313
    Thanks ,
    Thanks ,

4. twister6 Contributor
    That's correct, and keep in mind I'm not using $100k measurement system, but rather $50 Veritas II coupler. It's calibrated, the same calibration and setup as Paul/Brooko uses. I'm certain about the frequency position of the peaks, but the amplitude will vary depending on eartips and the coupler insertion depth.

Btw, I'm quite aware of IE800 FR and that 3k dip, which is missing in my IE800S measurements, and also explains why I don't hear that signature v-shaped sound as described by IE800 owners. I also assume, Senns didn't post IE800S FR anywhere, right?

So far IE800S has been on burn in for 2 days, I started with WM1Z and last night switched to DX200 w/AMP4 since I need to burn in that new 4.4mm amp module anyway, so killing two birds... I had a brief listening early this morning before I left to work, and the sound is vivid, clear, very resolving, but 10k peak is not too much in your face. Don't think it's a change of my perception and definitely not a brain burn in since I'm not continuously listening to these iems. Will keep it playing through the weekend.

snk8699, Kunlun and Ahmad313 like this.
  5. Deftone
    IE800S doesn’t suffer from the “always on” sub bass either like previous version

6. jmills8
    Then if sub bass off its SSSSSS heaven.

7. twister6 Contributor
    That 10k peak is more controlled and tamer now, as I'm putting more burn in miles. It's going to be one heck of a shootout between IE800S, Xelento, RE2000, VEGA, and probably TIA Fourte.

8. Slim1970
    I can't wait to read this comparative review :beerchug:

9. Dobrescu George
    I think this comparison is what most people here really want to read about! :darthsmile:

10. Deftone
    I put in about 60 hours and the peak has not changed for me but I like it so I am happy it has not been tamed. Feel no need for any EQ or the like. I’m extremely impressed with these refined iems every time I listen.

11. Deftone
    I think it’s better than the vega and xelento, so much more interested in the comparison with tia forte and re2000.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. Dobrescu George
    I'm the most interested in the comparison with RE2000 actually :smile_phones:

Deftone likes this.
  13. Stuff Jones
    I'm interested in a single proper review or even detailed listening impressions!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  14. Ahmad313
    The best comparison will be in between the IE800S and Xelento,

15. Deftone
    I had the xelento it’s not in the same class

Stranger Than Fiction likes this.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last