1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. AndrewH13
    So was I. Then the mouse involuntary moved, and finger clicked on Buy:k701smile:

Ok first impressions, and I'm not planning on digging out ie800s and repeatedly switching, as enjoying some music in the time I've got!

Relief, the clarity and openness of the treble has not been dimmed, nor rolled off. Very lively on the first album I'm playing on Questyle QP1R. Listening to Brad Paisley's Love And War.
    Country isn't my main liking, but its so well recorded and good for demoing.

Switched to Mojo with same album, because although that gives a little to the QP1R in liveliness, Mojo is full of detail but less upfront. After 30 seconds adjusting
    I would guess at one of the most open iems heard, similar to One plus Two. Low bass rumble pronounced as it came in, maybe I'm getting a better fit than old ie800s!

Going to need to listen to wider range of tracks, don't want to fall into new toy syndrome, but liking what I'm hearing, boogie factor maxed.

davidmolliere likes this.
  2. AndrewH13
    Cant remember any change in ie800s, except for difference between tip fits. Not sure dynamic drivers need burn in?

Very open sounding isn't it! No artificial upper bass or lower mids dragging it down.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  3. musicday
    Dynamic drivers do need burn in. I would judge the sound quality after at least 200 hours of use.

4. kuebler
    Psycho acoustics requires burn in, with the according users... :beerchug:

If physics would request that, Sennheiser would simply do these 200 hours without any problem...

Deftone likes this.
  5. AndrewH13
    No fun in that! Seriously, although some gear needs burn in, I say enjoy music and not get caught up in, what is usually, brain burn-in.

6. Stuff Jones
    Less photos and more sound impressions please!

Ahmad313 and phiemon like this.
  7. AndrewH13
    Hearing a bigger soundstage than I can ever remember with ie800. Maybe it's the Imelda May recording, but very expansive.

Deftone, Dobrescu George and Ahmad313 like this.
  8. McCol
    Very brief initial impressions are very similar to YorkshireBloke.

Detail listening through Mojo/Poly combo and Tidal Hi-Fi is very good, bass response is also very good but I don't want to say too much about this as I expect it will sound better after 50 hours or so of listening, that was my experience of the IE800. It does however from a very quick half hour or so show alot of promise for me.

davidmolliere and YorkshireBloke like this.
  9. Ahmad313
    How you feel the height of soundstage and presention ,

10. phiemon
    What do you think compared to the IE 800?

11. McCol
    I can't do a direct A/B as I sold the IE800 a while back (always regretted that move!) however from memory I would say that very early impressions suggest to me that these may have a slightly bigger soundstage and possible an overall improvement in the whole sound.

phiemon likes this.
  12. AndrewH13
    Now I hear a wide stage, almost out of head but not unnaturally so, like I do sometimes with the HD800. And good depth. But height I can only say I've truly heard on the Smyth Realiser A16 setup at Canjam last year!

Ahmad313 likes this.
  13. Sc00p
    Currently listening to my IE800 whilst unboxing and comparing the S. Case is slightly different in that the dark green stitching of the original is now black and the foam doesn't have the wax removal tool space anymore. It comes with the tips noted a few times already, no oval shaped variants like the original. I use medium oval, so now to see how medium round work with these.
    The length from iem to y split is the same. The little metal hoop with the senn branding has been removed on the S variant. The wire from the y split to the input is about 15cm longer. Wire feels a little softer.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  14. kubig123
    Any idea when they will be available il the States?

15. Sc00p
    Initial impressions. Same with the hd800 and S, bass slightly more solid (seems to hit slightly better less mid basshump?), that zing in the treble very slightly toned down (seems girls voices seem more natural). A more musical version of the original, but very much from the same family. Can't test balanced because i am struggling to find an adaptor. Picked one up that looked dodgy, doesn't work.

Edit* the rubber pieces at the split and the 3.5mm connectors are a little chunkier minus the metal branding loop detail. I liked the metal detail. But maybe they dropped it because of weight.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last