The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #676 of 1,036
I love this one. A sexy PPG Buttercup. :)

PPG.jpg

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #678 of 1,036
KONAMI IS RELEASING SUIKODEN II ON PSN SOON!

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Good thing I sold my near mint decade and a half old copy for $110 a few months ago. Hahaha.

This is the best RPG OF ALL TIME, as far as I'm concerned.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #679 of 1,036
Great news, just read it also from another site.

Just finished playing Suikoden V, great game but for me it doesn't reach the heights of Suikoden II. Too much template taken from SII.

The scene with Arshtat and Ferid's death was one of the saddest/best scene in the Suikoden series though, in my opinion. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #680 of 1,036
I agree. Suikoden V just tried to copy all the good things from II (which was smart but ultimately didn't reach the same level of awesomeness, though V is still far and beyond the second best game).

I think Suikoden shoud've stayed with 2D sprites. Imagine really high quality sprites now? I'd kill for that. The move to 3D lowered the diversity (many characters had the same animations, etc in the latter games).

I may just restart V soon though. It's the only Suikoden I only played once. All others I played multiple times (oh, I didn't care for Tactics though).

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #683 of 1,036
I agree. Suikoden V just tried to copy all the good things from II (which was smart but ultimately didn't reach the same level of awesomeness, though V is still far and beyond the second best game).

I think Suikoden shoud've stayed with 2D sprites. Imagine really high quality sprites now? I'd kill for that. The move to 3D lowered the diversity (many characters had the same animations, etc in the latter games).

I may just restart V soon though. It's the only Suikoden I only played once. All others I played multiple times (oh, I didn't care for Tactics though).

I restarted it because I forgot almost all of its storyline by now.

There are just so many things to bash on V from generic looking SoD (Norden, I'm looking at you!) to the unlovable beavers.

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #684 of 1,036
But there's a lot to like to. The story was pretty deep, and some characters were downright awesome.

DAT RICHARD. NOTHING HIT HIM, NOT EVEN MAGIC. He was broken, lol.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #685 of 1,036
Couldn't object to that , the first time I've recruited Richard I was like "How can I not put this guy in my party?"

There are many OP'ed SoD in V that really makes the game easy.

As for the praise (I think I needed to give one, since I seem to really hate it based on previous post which is not true
wink.gif
):
- The duel system is more refined
- The war system is much better
- Battle formations that can effect stats was good
- The frequency of splitting up the teams really makes the recruiting worthwhile
- I feel that the almost all character recruited in V has a meaning / related to storyline compared to II which is quite a feat.
- Memorable characters like Georg, Sialeeds and etc
- Etc

As I said, SV is a great game and is far from the dissapointment that is SIV.

Still though Konami, we want our Suikoden VI!

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #687 of 1,036
Dang. That's crazy. Forgive me, I have a selective memory, lol.

So right now I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia 2 (DOTNW). It's funny because I just couldn't get into the first game. Yes, it's tied to it, but it's not mandatory. I find this game to be more accessible to me. For one, it looks and plays great with graphics somewhat similar to Graces F. Also, 60fps at all times! The Pokemon-esque monster catching and raising give the game more life too.

The story is pretty sub standard, and the main character sucks, but it's still pretty playable.

Symphonia just seems too archaic in design. Even the older 2D Tales game hold up better. Especially Eternia, which would still fit on the Vita and plays amazingly well (I have it on PSP, imported from Europe).

About 20 hours in, with a lot of grinding. Im hyped for Tales of Hearts R and Xillia 2 this year. :)

After Symphonia 2, I'll probably get wither FFX-HD or Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Held out because I had already played the originals.

Now that I have taken a break from reviewing, I'm enjoying these games.

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #688 of 1,036
Whats up guys, anyone play any of the Disgaea series? Defenitely one of  favorites, haven't gotten a chance to play the newest one yet but I really enjoyed 1,3 and 4, still playing 2 lol. Also picked up persona 4 golden a few months ago and it'll probbably be one of my all time favorites, next to ff7 and dragon quest 8. Bravely default is also surprisingly good, and made my 3ds worth buying. I should probably stop playing ~5 games and focus on beating one though lol. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #689 of 1,036
I owned Disgaea 1, 2, and 3. I don't have the time needed to truly enjoy these games amd understand their complexity, so I dropped the series since.

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #690 of 1,036
  Whats up guys, anyone play any of the Disgaea series? Defenitely one of  favorites, haven't gotten a chance to play the newest one yet but I really enjoyed 1,3 and 4, still playing 2 lol. Also picked up persona 4 golden a few months ago and it'll probbably be one of my all time favorites, next to ff7 and dragon quest 8. Bravely default is also surprisingly good, and made my 3ds worth buying. I should probably stop playing ~5 games and focus on beating one though lol. 

Dang. That's crazy. Forgive me, I have a selective memory, lol.

So right now I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia 2 (DOTNW). It's funny because I just couldn't get into the first game. Yes, it's tied to it, but it's not mandatory. I find this game to be more accessible to me. For one, it looks and plays great with graphics somewhat similar to Graces F. Also, 60fps at all times! The Pokemon-esque monster catching and raising give the game more life too.

The story is pretty sub standard, and the main character sucks, but it's still pretty playable.

Symphonia just seems too archaic in design. Even the older 2D Tales game hold up better. Especially Eternia, which would still fit on the Vita and plays amazingly well (I have it on PSP, imported from Europe).

About 20 hours in, with a lot of grinding. Im hyped for Tales of Hearts R and Xillia 2 this year.
smily_headphones1.gif

After Symphonia 2, I'll probably get wither FFX-HD or Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Held out because I had already played the originals.

Now that I have taken a break from reviewing, I'm enjoying these games.

you CANT get into the First Symphonia :O that's terrible, I felt that way about the second one honestly :/

anyways, I've got  3ds now, and I'm enjoying Fire Emblem Awakening atm, Might have to purchase the back log of Fire Emblem games I've never played. Bravely Default has been untouched since I got my 3DS. I might start it tommorow 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back