The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #2,701 of 3,640
Hey,My 325i's are sounding superb these days,and comfy too.
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #2,702 of 3,640
Hi, just a few points I'd like to share/ask:

1 I love my 325is and yes they're improving all the time, only around 60 hrs of burn in so far but already they're far punchier and crisp than when first used.

2. I tried the G Cushes on em and hated it. Yes a little more airiness but massive change in intensity of the sound. Hated it!

3. Coz of this, I'm a certified Grado freak. I won't buy anything else for awhile. So my prob is- I'd love to upgrade, even to silly levels, but only if I can keep or improve the wonderful crisp and breathing bass I'm hearing. I swear I can feel the sub bass sometimes! So, what Grados would keep that part that I enjoy (I don't listen to classical as much, love acoustic, rock, piano)? The RS1's? I'd be willing to grab the 1000is but as I say, that thrilling bass and guitar natural sound needs to be there.

I'm currently using a Grant Fidelity DAC11 with my pc, and hope to get a good dedicated amp too. I got the bug, helpppppp!!!

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #2,703 of 3,640
I also love my 325's and I would say they have approximately 30-40hrs on them and improve without a doubt every time I listen to them. I also tried the (G) cushions just this past week on the 325 and didn't like the sound either, I left my comments about the sound on the (325is + G cushions) thread. I particularly like the attack of the 325 and most people say the RS1 is more of a refined headphone although I've never heard it, For the price of the 325, I think the sound is awesome, and like you said it just keeps getting better. One day I'll demo the RS1 just to hear the difference and hear for myself if it is worth the extra 400$, but until then I'm absolutely fine with the 325, and don't feel the need to upgrade because  their sound signature is one that I really enjoy.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #2,704 of 3,640
Quote:
Hey,My 325i's are sounding superb these days,and comfy too.
biggrin.gif

Wallace, looks good! I'm looking to get softer/comfier headband and yours look quite nice

Quote:
.... I swear I can feel the sub bass sometimes!

Me too! It's quite a surprise because it wasnt like that before. Something loosened up in a good way

BTW, where did you guys get the G cush? Are they going to be on the FS section? :)

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,705 of 3,640
There are (New-other) G cushions on eBay right now, BIN 25$U.S., otherwise you can buy them from Amazon for 45$U.S.

Sorry for the info, somebody jumped on the offer already!
I would get them from Amazon!

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #2,706 of 3,640
I also love my 325's and I would say they have approximately 30-40hrs on them and improve without a doubt every time I listen to them. I also tried the (G) cushions just this past week on the 325 and didn't like the sound either, I left my comments about the sound on the (325is + G cushions) thread. I particularly like the attack of the 325 and most people say the RS1 is more of a refined headphone although I've never heard it, For the price of the 325, I think the sound is awesome, and like you said it just keeps getting better. One day I'll demo the RS1 just to hear the difference and hear for myself if it is worth the extra 400$, but until then I'm absolutely fine with the 325, and don't feel the need to upgrade because  their sound signature is one that I really enjoy.

Yes I sort of feel that way too, though I just read the ENTIRE RS1 owners thread and they sound very good with pleasing bass reports. Hopefully an owner might chime in here. These cans are such great value, meaning we can plan to amp them nicely.

I've got a pretty good Rotel based hifi system with decent Miller and Kreisel speakers, quite a few thousand spent over 10yrs ago. I've NEVER heard such tight sound coming from it, these 325s already thrash it to pieces.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #2,707 of 3,640
Quote:
Yes I sort of feel that way too, though I just read the ENTIRE RS1 owners thread and they sound very good with pleasing bass reports. Hopefully an owner might chime in here. These cans are such great value, meaning we can plan to amp them nicely.

I've got a pretty good Rotel based hifi system with decent Miller and Kreisel speakers, quite a few thousand spent over 10yrs ago. I've NEVER heard such tight sound coming from it, these 325s already thrash it to pieces.

I also own equipment from 20+ years ago, and the 325is sound tremendous out of either my Adcom GTP400 or out of my Sony CDP-C701ES. As far as I am concerned, I really am very satisfied with the sound quality I hear. I also own vandersteen 2ci's which I vertically bi-amped with two Adcom GFA535ll amplifiers with the above components and a Meridian203 DAC, which I still use with the headphones. I haven't had my stereo system together in about 8 years due to my living arrangements (unfortunately). One day like I said I would just like to hear the RS1i to hear the difference between the 325is for myself.

Has anybody tried the (L) cushions on the GS/PS1000i

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #2,709 of 3,640
Quote:
325is  #14040

picked them up today!!  outfitted with large donuts from ps1000.  should have taken some time off work for this!  too much listening to do.

Congratulation, let us know how you like the sound with the (G) cushions on the 325.
I recently purchased the (G) cushions for my 325's, and posted my opinion on the (Grado SR325is + G cushs) thread). Would like to hear your opinion.
Enjoy.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #2,710 of 3,640
I've never played around much with different ear pads on my Gold SR 325i's but for whatever reason I threw a new pair of the soft S-Cush pads last weekend and I'm loving the feel and results while using them with my LD MKIII. Heck these can's even sound great with the FiiO E11 with the slight bass boost (setting 1). I had bought the extra pads when I ordered a new set of the SR 60i's that I planned to use for semi-portable use but after finding out that I liked the feel of them I figured they were worth a try on the 325i Goldies. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #2,711 of 3,640
Quote:
I've never played around much with different ear pads on my Gold SR 325i's but for whatever reason I threw a new pair of the soft S-Cush pads last weekend and I'm loving the feel and results while using them with my LD MKIII. Heck these can's even sound great with the FiiO E11 with the slight bass boost (setting 1). I had bought the extra pads when I ordered a new set of the SR 60i's that I planned to use for semi-portable use but after finding out that I liked the feel of them I figured they were worth a try on the 325i Goldies. 

I also have a set of (S) quarter modded cushions that I also like the sound through my 325is"s with, but I have no comfort issue with the (L) cushions and to me the sound of the (L) cushion is more enjoyable but like I mentioned, both are nice. The (G) cushions on the other hand, I did not care for

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #2,712 of 3,640
i can't imagine the 325 sounding any good with the G cushions, i can only imagine them sounding extremely bright with absolutely zero bass

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #2,714 of 3,640
Quote:
Sometimes I would love to get myself a pair of SR-325i again. It has been one of the headphones I have loved most through the years. I sold them last year and I do regret it today. They are like an old Italian sportscar - they have true soul and their very own taste. 

Exactly my thoughts. That's why I hang onto mine. They have their distinct, refined character, to me the only reason to keep any headphone.  

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #2,715 of 3,640
I owned 325i s for a year, and while I loved the sound, I just got tired of the narrow sound stage. I took the buttons off, which opened up the sound some, then went to G cushions. I love the wide Open sound stage. Sounds come out of nowhere. I think what they are being played through makes a big difference in how they sound. I'm using a denon 4308 receiver, which, according to denon (I called them) puts out 600 ohms into the headphone jack. They couldn't tell me, how many volts, or watts. I really can't imagine anything sounding much better. Maybe a little more bass slam. That's where the rs1 excels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back