The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Dec 10, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #2,446 of 3,634

Quote:
Not initially, someday I'll get a tube amp. Unfortunately running all sound through onboard chip from the motherboard.
Used to have an M-Audio Revolution soundcard but it won't work with Win7.
Also my Zune has been acting wonky, need a new MP3 player as well, ipod Touch sure is nice but I LOATHE iTunes.

Out of my iShuffle there is not much in it between my SR80i and 325i ~ once on the amp though, the 325i benefits from
 the extra juice, plus it will take advantage of a nice source. The onboard sound won't be great.

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #2,447 of 3,634
I would say the SR-325is sound best when you do the Dynamat mod on the back of the driver as well as use adhesive felt around the inside of the cup. The Dynamat reduces some resonance that makes the highs sound like a tin can. The Dynamat makes the treble sound smoother and a lot less fatiguing. Also the felt tames any other resonances from the sound bouncing around in the cup. In the end the mod is really worth it IMO.

The SR-325IS is a great headphone no doubt and these mods bring it into it's own.

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #2,449 of 3,634
I just received my 325is for Christmas.  I previously had the 80i.  Looking forward to many hours of listening. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #2,450 of 3,634
Welcome to new owners. I still love my SR325i after more than 4 years now. Listening to them from my Concerto right now. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #2,451 of 3,634
Still loving mine after over a year.  They've changed a little bit.  See avatar.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #2,454 of 3,634
Damn, I don't know what these handle better - electric guitars or horns.  Been listening to Miles, Trane, Henderson, etc. all week and they're great for solo and duo horns.  They also sound excellent for ensembles like Arturo Sandoval's.  On Miles' Miles Ahead some of the ensemble horn stabs are pretty sharp though.  I wasn't too worried about complaints of over-brightness since I've never been bothered by my Ultrasones even with boosted treble, but I guess those horn stabs are about at my limit. I imagine people who prefer Senns and the like would calling them "ear-bleeding" or "ear-shredding."

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #2,455 of 3,634
Does anyone use the S-CUSH pad like the ones that ship with the SR60i on their 325i's (the gold version)? If so, what did you think?

I just bought a pair of the SR60i's just because I've never heard them (love them and they're so light!) and I really like the S-Cush pads.  I find that when I using my 325i's that I'll often push in a bit on both sides (just two fingers on each side to apply just a bit of pressure) rather than have floating on my ears and this makes them sound better to me. Now I'm wondering how the 325i's would sound with the pads like the SR60i's. 

I have an extra set of both the L-Cush and the G-Cush here and I normally use the standard L-Cush on the 325i's. 

I noticed that with my Little Dot MK III that I can just turn up the volume a little bit before its too much gain for the SR60i's compared to where I set the volume for my AKG 701's and the SR 325i's. Since they're easier to drive I'm going to try the SR 60i's with my 40GB Sansa Clip+ and my FiiO E11 to see how well they work together. 

I'd love to know if anyone here has tried the S-CUSH pads on the SR 325i Goldies and what they thought. 

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #2,456 of 3,634

Quote:
Since they're easier to drive I'm going to try the SR 60i's with my 40GB Sansa Clip+ and my FiiO E11 to see how well they work together. 

I use SR60i's with my rockboxed Clip Zips and my iBasso T5, and also with my FiiO E6,  and either one is a great combination....so I expect that it will work just as well with your E11. The SR60i's will even play well from just the Sansa, except I wouldn't recommend plugging that big Grado plug into the Sansa.....quite a few people have had issues with the Clip+ headphone jacks.

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,457 of 3,634
not a big fan of the sound from the s-cush pads (comfies), but man are they comfy. used them for a good 4 months simply because i couldnt stand my worn out bowls which made my ears hurt after a few hours of listening. Now experimenting with qm 414 pads, and honestly I like them more sq wise, but not as much in the comfort department

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #2,458 of 3,634

Quote:
I use SR60i's with my rockboxed Clip Zips and my iBasso T5, and also with my FiiO E6,  and either one is a great combination....so I expect that it will work just as well with your E11. The SR60i's will even play well from just the Sansa, except I wouldn't recommend plugging that big Grado plug into the Sansa.....quite a few people have had issues with the Clip+ headphone jacks.

I did plug the new SR 60i's right into the Clip+ a couple times and did get enough volume but it sounds better from the E11 and I have a more flexible adapter I could use with the Clip+ but most times I'll be running the 60i's out of the E11. Thanks for the heads up on the Grado mini plug into the Clip+....I hadn't heard it was a problem. 

This is the very first time I've used the S-CUSH comfy pads and so far I REALLY like them but I have smallish ears that pretty much allow the L-Cush to cover my entire ear just like my AKG 701's do. I find when I use just a bit of pressure on both earcups of the 325i's that it sounds fuller/better to me. This is why right away I wondered if the comfy pads would also make my 325i listening more enjoyable but they are heavier cans no doubt....I was stunned when I picked up the SR 60i's out of the box to feel how light they were and they feel like I could wear them all day. 

I also have the big G-Cush pads for the 325i's but the few times I've tried them they didn't melt my butter.....that may have been with a different amp so I should probably try them again. 

The SR 60's are just for those times I'm up and around the house and don't have access to my desktop HP amp and the 701's and SR 325i's just felt too heavy to be wearing as I walked around. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back