The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 2, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #3,151 of 3,640
After the black color there was the golden ones, the SR325i model and the first SR325is model were aluminium. When I bought my golden ones in 2008 somebody told me that I will get tired of them soon and sell them at least within a year. Now they are still with me and together with my MS-Pro they get most of the listening time.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #3,152 of 3,640
  After the black color there was the golden ones, the SR325i model and the first SR325is model were aluminium. When I bought my golden ones in 2008 somebody told me that I will get tired of them soon and sell them at least within a year. Now they are still with me and together with my MS-Pro they get most of the listening time.

My 325is I got about a year ago and they are aluminum color on the cups.

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #3,153 of 3,640

Have you done a direct comparison between the 325 and MS-Pro? I used to own SR325is #12888, but I sold them a week before I acquired my MS-Pro.

Feb 2, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #3,154 of 3,640
The MS-Pro I have is moddified: it has wodden distancers and the G-cush on them. There is a thread here on head-fi that describes this mod. The MS-Pro is to my ears a very nice headphone that makes many things right. It is more neutral compared to the other Grados (SR325i, HF-1, and PS500) that I have. In addition with the G-cush it offers more soundstage and all of this still with great mids that are for me the heart of the music I listen to. The SR325i is less neutral, more intim sounstage. It has a stronger bass than the MS-Pro and is for me the headphone to listen to vocals. Singer-/songwriter stuff sounds terrific on those.
I am glad that I can listen to both of them and I would have a hard time if I had to choose between the two.

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #3,155 of 3,640
  The MS-Pro I have is moddified: it has wodden distancers and the G-cush on them. There is a thread here on head-fi that describes this mod. The MS-Pro is to my ears a very nice headphone that makes many things right. It is more neutral compared to the other Grados (SR325i, HF-1, and PS500) that I have. In addition with the G-cush it offers more soundstage and all of this still with great mids that are for me the heart of the music I listen to. The SR325i is less neutral, more intim sounstage. It has a stronger bass than the MS-Pro and is for me the headphone to listen to vocals. Singer-/songwriter stuff sounds terrific on those.
I am glad that I can listen to both of them and I would have a hard time if I had to choose between the two.

Okay, thanks. Is it normal for the MS-Pro's cable to be "loose" meaning that I can move it back and forth and it's not glued in or anything like that... Both of them are like this.

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #3,156 of 3,640
Okay, thanks. Is it normal for the MS-Pro's cable to be "loose" meaning that I can move it back and forth and it's not glued in or anything like that... Both of them are like this.

Pretty sure that's normal for all members of the Grado/Alessandro family.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #3,157 of 3,640

I forgot their was an anniversary gold color.

My 325is I got about a year ago and they are aluminum color on the cups.

Did you buy them brand new a year ago?
Are they the mushroom cups or the straight cups?
I probably bought mine about a year ago or so, and maybe you got one of the last aluminum finishes before the sparkle gray.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #3,158 of 3,640
Agreed with both. Does the 325 exude energy? Yes, plenty, but is it harsh and unlistenable? No at all.
i think it's just in the recording or the rip.. When I use say my 601 slim with say 24 bit stuff they sound amazing.. Don't matter what kind of or type music there is no harshness at all.. But with some of my stuff out of my ipod and still at a higher bit rate they can be a little harsh but that all in the download /rip..

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #3,163 of 3,640
I have mine amped with a bit of the e12 bass boost and loving it. I can definitely hear more similarities than differences between sr325is and yes... the HD800. For my setup, the HD800 seem to be a bit on the shrill side demostrating some 'sssssss', but I don't get that on the grados. Yes, they're bright, but in a good way. The bottom has great energy and love the spaciousness.. so  yea, for me is the HD800 vs Sr325is.. i'm keeping both.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #3,164 of 3,640
I used to own the HD800's and if you say the Grado's sound anything like them I will be one happy man. Ughh... mine weren't delivered to me today, still gotta wait until tomorrow :frowning2:

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #3,165 of 3,640
  I forgot their was an anniversary gold color.

Did you buy them brand new a year ago?
Are they the mushroom cups or the straight cups?
I probably bought mine about a year ago or so, and maybe you got one of the last aluminum finishes before the sparkle gray.

Well I guess you could call them a sparkle gray actually, now that I look close they look like a metallic gray paint you might see on a custom car. Not really like actual metal.
What are mushroom cups vs straight cups. They are just like the cups on my 225i but silver metal (or whatever it is) instead of black plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back