The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jan 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #3,091 of 3,640
I agree. I'm one who like expansiveness and separation. Around here, the gcush is described as something that opens the sound a lot more on the 325i so I thought they'd be perfect. Turns out it just felt super hollow and empty to me. The stock pads are completely my preference on these cans, but only after forcefully softening them up quite a bit through constant hand washes.

Good way dot describe the way I felt they sounded with the (G's), hollow.
I prefer the (L's) on all of my Grados by far, but the TTVJ flats sound good on the 80i's, but I still prefer the (L's) on them and didn' t like them at all on the 325is's or the RS1i's.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #3,092 of 3,640
I gotta get me a pair of these ..sounds like the sound Sig is rite up my alley :) I love the likes ..and these are iems I understand..but the likes of..ck10 ..eq5 and so on..am I gonna like these as I like those two sq's? Thank you ..

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #3,093 of 3,640
Had my 325is for a few days now and I'm still on the Grado high. I've owned everything from the Prestige Series sans the 125 and so far the chromies are my favorite. Been messing with different pads lately and so far the G cushes are taking the cake! Mingus Ah Um never sounded so good!

Happy owner of #6039 here!

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,094 of 3,640
Very nice. After having my 325 for almost a year now, I'm trying to figure out where I go next in the Grado line. I'm thinking RS1 or Alessandro MS-Pro. Probably leaning towards the MS-Pro.

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #3,095 of 3,640
Very nice. After having my 325 for almost a year now, I'm trying to figure out where I go next in the Grado line. I'm thinking RS1 or Alessandro MS-Pro. Probably leaning towards the MS-Pro.

After having my 325is's for maybe a little over a year, I was a little hesitant to buy the RS1i's, but I'm definitely glad that I did, they are an awesome headphone, as well as the 325is's.

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #3,096 of 3,640
Joining the bandwagon! #16206 325is Signing Up! 
gs1000.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #3,097 of 3,640
  After having my 325is's for maybe a little over a year, I was a little hesitant to buy the RS1i's, but I'm definitely glad that I did, they are an awesome headphone, as well as the 325is's.

I agree. The RS1 is a great next step and IMO...could be the final step. To me the RS1 are so awesome I don't feel the need to "progress" with the Grado line. In fact, the RS1 have pretty much replaced my 325's which are now up for sale.

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #3,098 of 3,640
  I agree. The RS1 is a great next step and IMO...could be the final step. To me the RS1 are so awesome I don't feel the need to "progress" with the Grado line. In fact, the RS1 have pretty much replaced my 325's which are now up for sale.

Yes, I love the RS's but, the only other Grado that has me interested is the GS1Ki, but that can definitley wait! I also love my 325is's and don't think I will ever part with them even though they get less headtime, because I do enjoy the differences between the two.

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3,099 of 3,640
Just reporting in with my jealousy to all of you :) I am back after about 8-9 years and these where my favorite rock cans of all time, considering my budget at the time. Al is nt lost as I am buying them as soon as I can. Always go back to the tried and true is my belief

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #3,100 of 3,640
Yes, I love the RS's but, the only other Grado that has me interested is the GS1Ki, but that can definitley wait! I also love my 325is's and don't think I will ever part with them even though they get less headtime, because I do enjoy the differences between the two.

And no one here is interested in the MS-Pro?

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #3,102 of 3,640

I have the SR325is currently but I've now ordered the MS Pro. Just waiting for them to arrive.

Congratulations, when they arrive let us know what you think about them.
I used to own the MS2i's but they had a little too much mid bass and the mids/highs weren't for my likings, so I wound up with the  the 325is's. When I was buying the RS's, I thought about the MS Pro, but didn't want the same thing to happen, so I went with the RS's. It seems IME with the MS2i Alessandro's are a bit darker than the Grado (which is fine, they where awesome headphones), I just prefer the Grado sound.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #3,104 of 3,640
  Congrats.. but I'm a bit confused between MS Pro vs RSi.. what are the differences?

The MS Pro supposedly sounds more "balanced" eg. less peaks in the equalization. Well at least that's what I've read, don't have any experience with either the RS1i or the MS Pro as of yet. I would've considered the RS1i if only I could get them new shipped to Europe with the US MSRP from somewhere... No luck, so I ended up ordering the MS Pro.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #3,105 of 3,640
  The MS Pro supposedly sounds more "balanced" eg. less peaks in the equalization. Well at least that's what I've read, don't have any experience with either the RS1i or the MS Pro as of yet. I would've considered the RS1i if only I could get them new shipped to Europe with the US MSRP from somewhere... No luck, so I ended up ordering the MS Pro.

Thanks for the quick response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back