The Official Grado 325e Owners Club!
Feb 22, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #301 of 312
I heard the high-end models and 325e is it. It's the top. Higher-end stuff is either made of wood and sounds abit wonky out of G-cush or doesn't really surpass fidelity of 325.

Still, 325 isn't for those sensitive to upper-mids. It gets quite intense there, but also so much details comes out of there. And 325 is not just too emphasized there, but atually does output legitimate details, alot of details. For some it can be ovwrwhelming.

It does put out lots of legitimate details, but the balance is the issue.

So, if you are a detail freak, I'd give 325 a try.

I agree here -- I recently returned rs2e because I found them "wonky" (I am borrwing your word here since I cannot really pin point what it is exactly). I still prefer the details of the 325e.

From purely aesthetic standpoint, I like how the metal 325e looks as opposed to rs2e (I know I am in the minority here mostly). :upside_down:

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #303 of 312
I also had the 325e for a couple months, and appreciated it's upgrade over the 225e, albeit not huge. I also now have the RS2e, and much prefer it -- even more details and more coherent spacing of instruments than the 325e, IMO. The newer 'e' version of the 325 has tamed down the previous treble spikes of the older 'i' and original 325. I could probably be satisfied with the 325e if I had never heard the RS2e. I listen to tons of rock, from pop-rock all the way to prog-metal, but I listen to lots of jazz, EDM, etc, many genres, and the RS2e delivers a consistently clean and clear presentation.

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #305 of 312
I agree here -- I recently returned rs2e because I found them "wonky" (I am borrwing your word here since I cannot really pin point what it is exactly). I still prefer the details of the 325e.

From purely aesthetic standpoint, I like how the metal 325e looks as opposed to rs2e (I know I am in the minority here mostly). :upside_down:

Have the RS2e; had the 325is and 325e.

Wondering if you might define "wonky" a bit more generously.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #306 of 312

Since the 325e tends to have a more elevated 2K - 4K range, that can sometimes be associated with "more details," and in some sense that is true. The Etymotic ER4 is the KING of details mainly because it is treble oriented along with very little but clean 2-500K mid bass (it's not "muddy" sounding). I think "better" headphones reveal subtle details across the whole audio spectrum -- thumb swipes on an upright bass, hearing softly sung words more clearly and sometimes for the first time, hearing an instrument buried in the back of a mix, etc. Those types of things are available a little bit more with the RS2e, IMO (and depending on your won ears!).

HOWEVER! -- I'm not saying the RS2e is miles better than the 325e, NOR am I saying that you should be less satisfied with the 325e over the RS2e. Some people have specific reasons why they prefer the 325e over other phones, and that is great. And, yes, the matte metal finish of the 325e is almost sexy! A $2-300 headphone (325e) that can give you 95% of what a $500 headphone (RS2e) can give you is a perfect reason to be completely satisfied with the 325e. Besides, the 325e is STILL way better than many phones 2, 3, 5, 10 times it's price! I'm a fan!

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #309 of 312
Wow people sure haven't been active here for a long time! Anyways 2 months ago I visited a local hifi store not expecting to buy anything (was relatively new to this hobby, and was looking to try out some more expensive headphones), but in the end I found these lovely headphones! They absolutely blew me away, and they honestly sounded better than many flagship headphones like the focal utopia or meze elite (at least to me). I bought them right then and there (for a $100 discount too since they were both discontinued, and a floor model)! I've put around 50 hours into them, and now that they're probably fully burn-in the sound has definitely improved. It's safe to say that these are some of the best headphones I have ever listened to, and they will be a mainstay in my collection forever. I hate the cable though.

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #312 of 312
Well I'm a little late reading over this thread. But just to add I already have a fair few grado Inc the. Gold sr325 I which iv had for years. Well I picked up a mint hardly used 325e this week , for good price . Expecting they need a few more hours to fully appreciate them , but checked them out and very pleased . At the moment I really don't want or need to move upto any of the , X , range . I'm still happy with the , I , and , E , ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back